Managing Payees

Recently I have noticed that adding Payees to Quicken, they are not being updated at the bank (BBVA), and when adding them at the bank, they are not being downloaded to Quicken. How to resolve this, thanks

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod

Hello @ bellaireroad

Thank you for posting in the Community today. When you mention your payees that are not being updated between Quicken and BBVA it brings me to the question: are you using the bill pay system through BBVA or are you using Quicken Bill Manager?

Have you noticed any other behavior between the two that you do not normally see?

Please provide the details so that we can better assist you.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    @bellaireroad - If you are using BBVA's Direct Connect Bill Pay service: I bank with BBVA USA and have had no problems with this.  I just did a test setting up a dummy BBVA Online Payee and scheduling a future payment in Quicken from my BBVA register.  Then I ran OSU and BBVA confirmed acceptance of it.  My online account at BBVA also shows the addition of the dummy bill pay payee and the future scheduled payment.
    Note:  Setting up a new BBVA Online Payee in Quicken will not be sent to BBVA until you schedule your first payment with that new payee.

BTW, I've been banking with BBVA for about 20 years and I don't recall BBVA ever downloading Bill Pay payees data to Quicken but maybe there is something about this that I am not familiar with.

Would you provide more detail on what you do to set up a new bill payee for BBVA so I can better understand what the issue might be?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.15 on Windows 10)