August 2020 issues and changes

Seems like conversations on newer issues have been closed killing discussions. Right now, for examples, I have:

Fidelity Mutual Funds and ETF's never update. Last mention was Aug 27th. But no ETA on the issue. I think this is the THIRD Fidelity issue I have had since April. Any news? I do not see an open discussion on this issue, which I consider pretty important.

Chase has been OL 294 intermittently for a few days. But what I have not seen discussed is that it seems new that closing Quicken asks to try again, as does opening later when this error occurs. I'd prefer to see that as an option. Those retries take forever to fail a second (or third) time.I can't be the only one seeing this new "feature" nor do I recall a notice of its existence.

And as an (almost) aside, I am still waiting for an entire month when One Step Update grabs ALL my new bills. Three more to go. One I expected to see tonight but will maintain a day or two more of patience hoping I do not have to do a manual "Refresh Bills". If like works as it usually does, posting this will get it to appear on my next OSU :)

Best Answer

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    DSTART corrected both Fidelity accounts. Posted in my other thread on the issue. SO will close this one.

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good news. Chase seems back to normal last three times I did OSU and another bill came in on OSU leaving just two to have that perfect month of bills updating. Will check to see if the Chase alert has been cleared.

Still no mutual fund updates coming in to investments.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, new info. @Quicken Sarah I cannot find another open discussion on this issue so posting here. (can never remember, is it just @Quicken Sarah with no quotes? )

There are more issues for me with mutual funds.

I have two Fidelity accounts. One has no issues other than mutuals no longer update, but when they post their overnight changes for the previous day, it is perfect and matches the Fidelity web site.

BUT, The IRA has issues. There are 6 or more mutuals in that IRA. Two of those holdings report the incorrect amount of shares held. This is recent as I had checked that before these new issues started around August 20th. AND the balances in the register for the IRA is incorrect by the amount of the value of those missing shares. SO the value of the IRA is understated in the register compare to the Fidelity web site and ONLY two of 6 or 8 holdings are incorrect. The others match perfectly.

Why has this happened and will this be fixed with the mutual updating issue?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    More issues with mutual funds than I think have been detailed in the locked Alert thread. As mentioned, shares held are wrong in two and those I watch but do not own are not updated at all. I really hope all the issues are well enough understood that they get fixed.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mutual funds are downloading for me this afternoon. I still have two that show the wrong amount of shares, but the data is coming in. @Quicken Sarah thought you might like to know. Chase also is solved for a few days. Both show open in alerts.

I am going to call Fidelity to see if they can explain why the share amounts in just two holdings differ.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, found out why the shares are different in Quicken and at Fidelity. I have not downloaded any transactions into Quicken since early July from Fidelity. That said, I have no idea how to fix it. Refreshing the account did nothing. Suggestions?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Online center shows the proper balances at Fidelity and Compare to Portfolio shows the exact differences. SO the question is why am I unable to download the 7/31 and 8/31 transactions from both my Fidelity accounts?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I'm thinking the newly uncovered Fidelity issue is worthy of its own question. Everything from August working now with this exception and waiting on my last Biller to be picked up by OSU to feel that is complete. So off to post anew.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    DSTART corrected both Fidelity accounts. Posted in my other thread on the issue. SO will close this one.
This discussion has been closed.