Bills & Income Tab Projected Balances Closing Balance not functioning properly

There seems to be an issue with Closing Balances not adding correctly. In some cases, the bill doesn't decrease the balance, in some cases a deposit doesn't increase the balance, and in some cases the bill more than doubles the impact on the Closing Balance.

Bottom Line: I have no faith in the accuracy of the Closing Balance as I project out my finances.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have multiple lines for the same day and the same account?
    If so, the Closing Balance shown takes all these transactions into consideration and shows what would be the balance at the end of the day. Please do not confuse this Closing Balance with the account register's Running Balance.
  • mikeglaspy
    mikeglaspy Member ✭✭
    Yes I do have multiple lines for the same day and I understand that the last line for that day should show the closing balance for that day, which makes sense. However, 1 bill, which is a simple bill reminder to transfer funds to another account (which I can't figure out how to do under the new system, except by having Quicken write a check -- the old system allowed for electronic transfers to an "outside" checking account other than mine) does NOT get subtracted on the closing balance. My guess it's tied to the new bill system.

Is there another way to electronically send/transfer funds through Quicken from my checking account to the checking account of someone else???
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mikeglaspy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question regarding transferring payment to another account using Quicken Bill Manager.

Unfortunately, this is not available with the New Quicken Bill Manager at this time.

You may add your vote to the ongoing Idea to add this feature to the new Quicken Bill Manager.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~