Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

categorizing large number of uncategorized transactions

Hi, I have about 2000 uncategorized investment transactions (MiscExp and MiscInc) that I would like to assign to the same category. Any idea how to this without updating each one individually?

Best Answer

Answers

• swensen
    swensen Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much. Who knew you could edit and recategorize transactions from a banking transaction report (guess you did).

One confusing part: if I select one transaction or just a few, I can then edit and recategorize. However it seems after selecting too many, this option is greyed out.

Any idea why and if there is a specific limit to the number of transactions you can recategorize at one time? I have like 2,000...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    swensen said:
    Thanks so much. Who knew you could edit and recategorize transactions from a banking transaction report (guess you did).

One confusing part: if I select one transaction or just a few, I can then edit and recategorize. However it seems after selecting too many, this option is greyed out.

Any idea why and if there is a specific limit to the number of transactions you can recategorize at one time? I have like 2,000...
    I don't think there is a limit. The option does become unavailable if we select a transaction that cannot be recategorized.
  • swensen
    swensen Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much. That worked. It is always amazing how much knowledge people on this board have to share. Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.