When I try to accept my downloaded paycheck from the bank, I receive a placeholder message

City Guy
City Guy Member
Hi
This problem only started today 9-2-2020 after a Quicken subscription update.
I enter my paycheck in the bills & income window on the day the check is issued. Then I download transactions from the bank a day or two later.
When I download my paycheck from the bank, and attempt to accept the downloaded paycheck deposit, I receive an error message "you cannot transfer into your mutual fund account prior to a placeholder transaction"
This has not occurred ever previously, and I cannot resolve this issue. Any ideas?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you reviewed the transactions in the "mutual fund account" for Placeholder transactions?

About Placeholders (Quicken Windows)

"N/A" in certain fields of an investment transaction indicates that you have Placeholder transactions in your account that need to be deleted and replaced with the correct Buy / Sell / etc. transaction that should have been recorded here.
    For more about Placeholders please go into Quicken Help (press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken) and perform a Contents search for "placeholder".
    Alternatively or in addition to the above, read the first few articles found here: https://www.quicken.com/support/search/placeholder

• HI

THANK YOU, this helped me resolve the problem, i deleted a placeholder transaction and everything is working as intended. I definitely need to learn about the placeholders and my investment accounts.