Bill Manager refuses to send payments

I cannot get Q Bill Manager to consistently send payments. Sometimes it works, sometimes the payment just sits in the "To Send" status regardless of the number of times I update. Every time I exit the program, I get the dialog box: "You have online payments to send. Do you want to send them before exiting?" I hit the "Yes" button. I get the "Online" window. I hit "Update/Send". I then get the "One Step Update Settings", but the "Update Now" button is inactive. Nothing gets sent. I restart the application, and the payment is still sitting in the register with the "To Send" status. Its an infinite loop of nothing happening. Does anyone know where my process is breaking down.

And yes, all the setup stuff, verification payments, account passwords, etc. has been completed.

/s/ Martin
Tagged:

Comments

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe Bill Manager uses Send (or Sent).  How did you schedule them for payment, Quick Pay or Check Pay?  What Quicken program & version are you using?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • meshferg
    meshferg Member ✭✭
    Hi,
    Product is "Quicken Home, Business, & Rental...". Version is Year: 2020, Version: R28.24, Build: 27.1.28.24

I scheduled the payment from "Bills & Income" tab, where the bill from my utility was accurately downloaded.
    - Button on the right says "Pay", which is what I clicked.
    - Drop down menu to the right of "Pay" includes "Quick Pay" option which does NOT work - popup dialog error "Quicken Quick Pay does not support payments to this biller at this time. ..."
    - There is no specific option labeled "Check Pay" on any of these screens.
    - I just hit the "Pay" button, which opens the standard pay dialog. I enter the various values. I select "Send now".
    - Quicken connects (or asks for password if first time, then connects). Few seconds later, process completes with apparent success.
    - However upper right of "Bills & Income" tab still says "1 Payment to send -->>" (Screenshot attached.) Clearly the payment request was not sent.
    - If I go the the account register, payment is entered, but says "To Send" in first column. (Screenshot 3 attached)
    - When I quit Quicken, dialog says "You have online payments to sent. Do you want to send them before exiting?" (Screenshot).
    - If I click "Yes", I get the "Online Center" window, with my payment listed and "Update/Send" button active.
    - I I click "Update/Send" button, I get a popup dialog: "Online Update for This Account" dialog, with the "Update Now" button inactive (grayed out). (Screenshot 5).
    - Hit "Cancel". Quit the application, get the same dialog "You have online payments..." - round and round. Have to choose "No" to quit.
    - Next time I run Quicken, the payment is still sitting there in the unsent state, and Quicken will ask me again if I want to send it. But it won't.

/s/ Martin
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    It sounds to me like the payment may have been set up as a billpay payment rather than a bill manager payment.  I used to have the Pay option for some billers but it was never clear which payment system it would use so I didn't use it. 
    Now I no longer have the Pay option for any payees in my B&I tab, just Quick Pay or Check Pay.  I have removed billpay as an option for all my reminders & disabled Quicken billpay from my payment accounts online services.
    If Quick Pay is not available, the only bill manager option is Check Pay.  Is the utility set up as a Check Pay payee?  They are listed on the B&I tab, Bills, Biller Name in left box, Check Pay payee in right box.  If so, you should be able to initiate a back up payment from that display.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • meshferg
    meshferg Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help.

The utility does not show up in the B&I tab when "Biller Name" in left box and "Check Pay" payee in right box. So, it must be setup as Billpay.

I thought I followed all the Quicken instructions months ago. Got my payment accounts established, including verified for "Check Pay" with the small deposits, etc.

How do I completely get rid of Billpay?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    meshferg said:
    How do I completely get rid of Billpay?
    Well, I'm pretty sure it has essentially gone away by itself.  So, I'm not aware what has been done automatically and what might still need to be done.
    In late August, I did removed the online payment option (the check mark near the payee) from all my reminders that used it.  I also disable my payment accounts from Quicken Billpay online services (they were the same ones I had set up for Quick & Check Pay so they still say they're set up for Bill Manager).  My online payee list is empty now (Bill Manager doesn't use it) so there's no real evidence of it anymore.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • xendarq
    xendarq Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    [removed - off-topic/unhelpful/disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.