Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

No access to BillPay Data after discontinuation

I understand that the BillPay is discontinued, I get that. What I don't get is not having access to all the billing information that was there. I understand not being able to create any new accounts or paying anything else, but not having access to see who you pay, when, where and how much is rediculous!!!!. I have been using BillPay in one form or another for over 30 years this is not what I expect. Does anyone have a different take on this? Can the info be accessed somehow?

Thanks in advance

Very P. O. customer

Comments

• Hello @upsetcust

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your concerns although I apologize for any frustration that the discontinuation by Metavante of Quicken Bill Pay has caused.

As this has been discontinued, the web portal is no longer available for access.

The website: http://quickenbillpay.com/ lists the following message: If you have a question about a payment you made through Quicken Bill Pay, please contact Quicken Bill Pay customer support at 1-877-486-8844.

May I ask if there is any specific information that you are seeking? Depending on what you are needing this may be available in the Quicken data file.

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Hello and thank you for the response. I tried calling but was told " since the service is discontinued there is no access available to previous data". At this point I don't know what was paid and what wasn't. I know I had a payment due on the 8/31 that was not paid, although that payment should have been released before the service shutdown.

I would at least like to know who I pay on a scheduled basis. How much I pay, account number, due date etc. This information would at least allow me to start making payments instead of waiting for the next invoice to arrive with a late charge.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Can't you look in your Quicken checking account or credit card register and see the payments each month?  You can sort by payee/description.  Or look at your bank statement?
  • I don't use Quicken, just the BillPay service. Yes, I can see my bank statements but that isn't going to give me account numbers or billing addresses. At best just give me an idea of what I have outstanding. I am still left with the dreaded task of calling every merchant and getting all the missing information.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you not know that Quicken BillPay was going to be discontinued on 8/21/2020? Did you not prepare for it? Why would you use Quicken BillPay without using Quicken?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Yes, I was aware. However, all I read was that I would not be able to pay, not that I would not have access. So no, I didn't prepare because I didn't think I needed to. It is not as if Quicken was going out of business. As far as my usage, why would I need to?
  • At this point I just need to know if maybe there is a data file or something we can somehow download with all our info. In my view the notifications were not clear enough:

• All scheduled & recurring payments in the old system will be CANCELLED, regardless of when they were entered
    • You won't be able to use the old system to schedule any new payments

I understand that Quicken and Metavante are two separate companies. Where one starts and the other begins, I don't know. How much information was shared is also unknown to me but my information has to reside somewhere and I would think it is accessible. I can't imagine they torched the servers on 8/31.