Online Payee List is blank

Since yesterday my Online Payee List is blank but when I try to add one to attempt to rebuild my list it says that the payee is already there. Also at the top of the screen the Financial Institution field is blank. Is that supposed to show my bank's name? If I go to my account list it shows my checking as Yes for Quicken Bill Manager. These are bills that I have had already using Bill Pay. My old online payee list is still in there somewhere because it came up once, but don't know what I did to get it and can't get it back again. So basically all of my online payments are broken. I have seen screen shots in Quicken help that suggest the screen would have an option to import that bill from bill pay but my screens never showed that option.

Answers

• gsjones
    gsjones Member
    my version is 2017 Deluxe
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Quicken BIll Pay no longer exists.  http://quickenbillpay.com/.
    If you were using it, your FI was Quicken Billpay - New and that is why it is blank.  I don't believe that Bill Manager uses the Online Payee list.  Quick Pay uses online bills and Check Pay uses Check Pay payees.  If, by chance, you have a Direct Connect arrangement for billpay with your bank,  then your Online Payee list should still contain payees used with the bank's payment account. 
    My Online Payee list went blank once my payment accounts were were no longer enabled for Quicken BillPay.  The payment accounts now show enabled for Bill Manager.  I can still make payments with either Quick Pay or Check Pay.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • gsjones
    gsjones Member
    My list of bills did carry over but when I try to make a payment off of it I keep getting a message saying I have an online payment due for account Checking. The account is not enabled for online payments. You must enable the account before sending the payment.
    I can't get past that. When I pull up my account list it shows that my checking as Yes (Quicken Bill Manager) in the online bill pay column. If it doesn't need Online Payee anymore what am I missing?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    When you say list of bills, do you mean your bill reminders?  Were any of these set up for payment with Quicken billpay.  Is it possible that some are still set up for online payment using Checking.  Maybe it would help if you posted a screen shot of the error message.
    In late August, I removed the online payment option (the check mark near the payee) from all my reminders that used it.  I also disable my payment accounts from Quicken Billpay online services (they were the same ones I had set up for Quick & Check Pay so they still say they're set up for Bill Manager).  My online payee list is empty now (Bill Manager doesn't use it) so there's no real evidence of Billpay anymore.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • dkaicke
    dkaicke Member ✭✭
    Quicken was nice enough to say that you "can copy from your Bill Pay account" to your new. They never provided any instructions on exactly how to do the alleged copying. I went out to Bill Pay numerous times, and I can say for a fact that I had no access to the underlying data for copying or otherwise, short of adding or deleting. Now, we are left with a phantom dataset that prevents us from moving on, as intended. The hidden data must be resurrected and reborn as the one and only, official Online Payee List. :(
  • dkaicke
    dkaicke Member ✭✭
    > @dkaicke said:
    > Quicken was nice enough to say that you "can copy from your Bill Pay account" to your new. They never provided any instructions on exactly how to do the alleged copying. I went out to Bill Pay numerous times, and I can say for a fact that I had no access to the underlying data for copying or otherwise, short of adding or deleting. Now, we are left with a phantom dataset that prevents us from moving on, as intended. The hidden data must be resurrected and reborn as the one and only, official Online Payee List. :(

I suspect that this would be sufficiently wide spread to garner some attention.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dkaicke,
    You might want to read through this thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880554/how-can-i-make-bill-manager-use-an-existing-payee-address-for-check-pay-the-first-time
    Apparently not everyone has lost the list and it may be possible to at least access it from a backup if you have.
    Quicken user since 1995