Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Check pay payees

I have processed 4 -5 payments via check pay. I now have noticed that several of the payees are no longer displayed in the check pay pop up window. Doesnt quicken store the payees for future payments.? Will I need to reenter all the payment info every time I want to pay that Payee via check pay. ?
Tagged:

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    You should also be able to see all Check Pay payees on the Bills & Income Tab set to Bills,& with Biller Name , Check Pay payee in the drop down boxes.  If they are not there, does your register verify that they were paid previously by Check Pay?  I'm not sure why they would disappear, they should still be their unless they are manually deleted.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • dszabo2
    dszabo2 Member
    There are 4 check pay transactions in the register that have check numbers associated with them and a get status icon. Only 2 appear in the check pay pop up window. 2 appear in the Bills & Income tab
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Do you have reminders set up for the missing payees?  If so, are they still check marked for Allow paying with Check Pay?  I have several set up from reminders and a few set up using the B&I + button.  All of mine do still appear in both places.
    Just guessing but could how they were set up be the difference between the 2  that are missing and those that are not?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • pbeau52
    pbeau52 Member
    Since Quicken can't seem to come to a digital security agreement with Capital One Credit Card I had to resort to using the Check Pay "feature" of Bill Manager. Well.....just this morning I set up a Check Pay for my most recent Capital One bill. I entered 18 different Category line items, the total amount of the payment and to pay it immediately. After I hit the "Confirm Payment" button i got a pop-up saying I was out of Allowed Check Pays for the month, offered no other option and automatically deleted all my input. Grrrrrrr!!!!!
    After using QuickPay for years and years with very few issues I cannot believe 12 Online Payments and 6 Check payments is the best Quicken can do for it's subscription customers. Seems like $$$ greed to me. :s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    pbeau52 said:
    Since Quicken can't seem to come to a digital security agreement with Capital One Credit Card I had to resort to using the Check Pay "feature" of Bill Manager. Well.....just this morning I set up a Check Pay for my most recent Capital One bill. I entered 18 different Category line items, the total amount of the payment and to pay it immediately. After I hit the "Confirm Payment" button i got a pop-up saying I was out of Allowed Check Pays for the month, offered no other option and automatically deleted all my input. Grrrrrrr!!!!!
    After using QuickPay for years and years with very few issues I cannot believe 12 Online Payments and 6 Check payments is the best Quicken can do for it's subscription customers. Seems like $$$ greed to me. :s
    To avoid this from happening again, you should record all your credit card charges in a separate Credit Card account register in Quicken, e.g. "XYZ VISA 1234", one account register for each credit card that you own.
    This allows you to easily record all your charges as individual register transactions when they occur and categorize them correctly or when you download transactions from the credit card account.
    When it's time to pay your credit card bill, just set it up as a Scheduled transfer reminder transaction from your Checking Account, categorized as transfer to [XYZ VISA 1234] and pay your bill by either Check Pay, write, print and mail your own paper check, or even easier: Allow the credit card company to automatically debit your checking account for full balance on the Due Date.
This discussion has been closed.