Quicken Bill Manager: How to Cancel a Pending Check Payment

Hello,

Under the new Quicken Bill Manager, if I have a future dated check issued that was not to be mailed yet, how do I cancel the pending payment?

P.S., it's really inconvenient to use only via desktop. Will it be available with the iOS app or web browser use soon?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    If the payment can be cancelled, there will be a Cancel Payment option available on the payment.  Otherwise, you will need to contact your bank to stop payment.
  • willmarin
    willmarin Member ✭✭
    Thanks. So in this scenario, if I issue a check payment for one month from today... and login a few days later to cancel, it cannot be canceled? Even though it's weeks away from being mailed?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    As long as Quicken Check Pay has not printed and mailed the check, you should be able to cancel the scheduled payment.  How does the payment appear in your payment register?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    willmarin said:
    Thanks. So in this scenario, if I issue a check payment for one month from today... and login a few days later to cancel, it cannot be canceled? Even though it's weeks away from being mailed?
    You should be able to cancel the check payment.  If you haven't already, you may want to watch: Making a Payment with Check Pay (Video)
  • haskinsr
    haskinsr Member ✭✭
    This new Bill Manger is unbelievably hard to use and inconsistent in my opinion.

First example: I scheduled a payment (for 5 days from now) but it never appeared in the Check Pay display or in my register. I had to enter a second request to get the Biller/Check Payee register to show the scheduled payment. There is no 'Cancel payment' option anywhere I can see. And now there are 2 payments in my register (but only one in the Check Pat display/register). Arrrrgh!

This service is impossible to work with or to rely on. Any suggestions on how to solve the immediate issue of the extra payment?

I absolutely refuse to incur a stop check charge from my bank when it is a Quicken "feature" that is at fault here.
  • haskinsr
    haskinsr Member ✭✭
    Well...thanks to the video (thank you, Sherlock) I was able to cancel the payment. The other frustrations still remain.
This discussion has been closed.