Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Payment won't send

My payment is marked "send" and it is set to send with the next update. However, when I run an update it does not get sent.

Then I tried "Make an Online Payment" and ran the update to send the payment. The one step status said there was an error but when it completed no error was displayed. The payment was not sent.

Thanks.

Quicken Premier 2020 R28.24 Build 27.1.28.24
Windows 10 Home v1909 Build 18363.1016

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes errors occur but there is no error code provided.  I'm guessing (not sure) that this happens when the error that occurred doesn't "fit" with any of the established error codes.
    First, I would check to see if the Cap One accounts were actually updated.  In the One Step Update Summary (the Annotation 2020-09-04 10080 file you attached) it shows the date of OSU to the right of the FI.  This is simply the date that OSU was completed.  It does not indicate that the Cap One accounts were actually updated.  To see the last date when your Cap One accounts were updated, click on the blue font link beneath the FI saying how many accounts were updated.  Because of the error message I'm guessing, again, that you will see your Cap One accounts did not actually get updated.
    Oftentimes, after receiving misc error messages like this, trying to update the FI, again, will be successful.  Sometimes, though, it might not work until later in the day or the next day.  For instance, when I first ran OSU this morning I got the CC-502 error code for my Cap One account.  I then did OSU, again, for Cap One and the account was successfully updated.
    If you have not already done so, try updating Cap One, again, and let me know the results.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Michael Rosen,

Sorry to hear you are having issues making payments. If you provide us with some more information, it will help us to assist you.

Is this new behavior (i.e. have you been able to make payments from this account before, or are you trying this for the first time with this account)?

Are you using your bank's bill payment process or are you using Quicken Bill Manager?

If you are using your bank's bill payment process - how do you connect with this account online (i.e. is it direct connect, express web connect, or web connect)?  You can determine this by opening the account in Quicken > selecting Ctrl+Shift+E > then clicking on the "Online Services" tab.  The "method" will be shown in the "Online setup" box.  But also look at the "Online bill payment" box and tell us what it says there.

Get back to us and we'll see if we can help.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Sometimes errors occur but there is no error code provided.  I'm
    > guessing (not sure) that this happens when the error that occurred
    > doesn't "fit" with any of the established error codes.First, I
    > would check to see if the Cap One accounts were actually updated.  In
    > the One Step Update Summary (the Annotation 2020-09-04 10080 file you
    > attached) it shows the date of OSU to the right of the FI.  This is
    > simply the date that OSU was completed.  It does not indicate that the
    > Cap One accounts were actually updated.  To see the last date when your
    > Cap One accounts were updated, click on the blue font link beneath the
    > FI saying how many accounts were updated.  Because of the error message
    > I'm guessing, again, that you will see your Cap One accounts did not
    > actually get updated.Oftentimes, after receiving misc error
    > messages like this, trying to update the FI, again, will be successful. 
    > Sometimes, though, it might not work until later in the day or the next
    > day.  For instance, when I first ran OSU this morning I got the CC-502
    > error code for my Cap One account.  I then did OSU, again, for Cap One
    > and the account was successfully updated.
    > If you have not already done so, try updating Cap One, again, and let me know the results.

The account actually did update, I just didn't grab that screenshot. The first time I updated there were transactions downloaded.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @Michael Rosen,
    >
    > Sorry to hear you are having issues making payments. If you provide us with some more information, it will help us to assist you.
    >
    > Is this new behavior (i.e. have you been able to make payments from this account before, or are you trying this for the first time with this account)?
    >
    > Are you using your bank's bill payment process or are you using Quicken Bill Manager?
    >
    > If you are using your bank's bill payment process - how do you connect with this account online (i.e. is it direct connect, express web connect, or web connect)?  You can determine this by opening the account in Quicken > selecting Ctrl+Shift+E > then clicking on the "Online Services" tab.  The "method" will be shown in the "Online setup" box.  But also look at the "Online bill payment" box and tell us what it says there.
    >
    > Get back to us and we'll see if we can help.
    >
    > Frankx

I have made payments from this account before, but now I am using Bill Manager. I was able to send a check payment today.

This payment may have posted before switching over with an old bill reminder that used to be linked to a bill. Maybe that's the problem. I'll try deleting it and recreating it from the bill screen.

Thanks.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Michael Rosen,

That certainly could the problem.  If your actions don't fix it, come back and we'll see if we can help.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.