quicken crash

every time I click projected balances or try to edit a security quicken crashes.

Comments

• Hello @claudio,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start with, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case) 
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!
    -Quicken Anja
  • claudio
    claudio Member
    thanks for your answer but I think this bug is not related to my data file since I created a new file with 2 or 3 transactions an I get the same error
  • Thank you for providing additional information.

Which version release of Quicken are you running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program?
    -Quicken Anja
  • claudio
    claudio Member
    I'm running R28.24 build 27.1.28.24 and yes I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2020
    Thank you.

In that case, then I suggest you try doing a clean uninstall/reinstall (different from a normal uninstall/reinstall). For instructions on how to do so, please review this support article and scroll down to the bottom section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue.

Should this still fail or if you have already tried this, then I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support instead for further and more extensive troubleshooting.
    -Quicken Anja
  • claudio
    claudio Member
    I tried everything and couldn´t solve the problem, thsnkd anyway