Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

has anyone been able to connect to Xfinity MOBILE ? i can set it up but never get the bill

Quicken says it is waiting for the bill, yet when i go to the 'validate on line billers' Q removes xfinitymobile saying its not found on the local server

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @jghughes3

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I am unable to locate the online biller profile associated with your account to view your online bills.

Please try resetting the cloud by following the steps below.

1.  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Sync & Alerts

2.  Click the link to “Reset your cloud data”

Please let me know if you encounter any issues and when this is complete so that I may research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I cannot set up Comcast/Xfinity for Quick Pay due to an well know Bill Syncing issue. Why is this issue labelled as "Resolved" on this site? Why is Xfinity listed as a suitable Quick Pay biller if it isn't? :(
  • Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question although I apologize that you are currently experiencing this trouble with Xfinity.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for your account and see that the error being returned for Xfinity is that login is either incorrect or missing.

Please verify that the login is correct by signing into the Xfinity/Comcast website. Once you have confirmed the login, please attempt to add the bill in Quicken once more.

Please let me know how it goes.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Tyka,

I did as you asked. Logged successfully into my Xfinity account. Tried to add Xfinity to Quicken Quick Pay. Provided verified login credentials, and when asked, provided Quicken with Verification Code sent by Xfinity to my mobile phone. As has happened a dozen times in the last couple of days of doing this very thing, Quicken came back with an error message: “Your XFINITY account verification failed. The verification code may be incorrect or expired. Please try entering your verification code again.”

Quicken then provides two options, either Cancel the setup attempt, or Continue. When I pressed “Continue”, Quicken came back with this message: “Unable to update billers. Please try again later.”

The only options then was to “Close” since the “Start Over” button was deactivated

So I clicked on Close, and tried again.

Same thing happened.

Then there was one more message from Quicken. I no longer have the exact wording, but the essence of the message was that Xfinity reported that my account was now locked, and Quicken was unable to proceed.

I immediately opened a browser, and was able to log into my Xfinity account with no issue.

I get the distinct feeling that somehow Quicken is passing login credentials that appear to Xfinity to be invalid, even though the credentials I provide Quicken are correct.

I am not the only one unable to sync with Comcast/Xfinity. If you go to the Quicken Community you’ll see that this issue is not resolved. So again, I ask, why is the issue labelled “Resolved” on the Quicken Support site? There is clearly something wrong with the Quicken/Xfinity interface.
  • jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭
    i did the reset which i could not find under quicken ID i found under the mobile and web preferences. the synch took 1/2 hour and returned error message. it said that a budget named " " was not synced . parameter named must be specified for this request.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Frustrated, Please provide a link to the discussion that you keep referencing ... so that we can see the history ourselves.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878313/resolved-8-3-20-known-issue-7-16-20-xfinity-bill-syncing-issues#latest
  • See also: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20117270#Comment_20117270
  • NotACPA

This link is to an Announcement ... not a user's post.  Announcements are ALWAYS closed to comment.
  • NotACPA
  • Hello @jghughes3

Thank you for the response and let me know the results of the steps.

The blank budget issue has been reported a few times and appears to be an emerging issue, please navigate to Help > Report a problem to report this. Please include all of the logs, as well as a sanitized data file if you are comfortable doing so.

You may also wish to review a previous discussion on the issue, available here.

At this time, the biller Xfinity shows as "Pending" meaning it is waiting to sync, please wait 48 hours before attempting to sync again and please let me know if the trouble persists.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • k3lavine
    k3lavine Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I too am experiencing problems with QBM and Xfinity. My last Quick Pay failed and had to scramble to avoid late payment fee. Now trying to refresh bill, I get prompted for login credentials which I provide and get an Authentication Failed message. I login to the Xfinity website with the credentials and I am successful, try QBM again and same Authentication Failed. I have 2 Step Verification turned OFF on the Xfinity website. [Removed-Rant]
  • arna.perry
    arna.perry Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same problem with Xfinity. When I received the failure in Quicken, I went to the Xfinity website and successfully logged in. Quicken continues to have a failure to sync. This issue is not resolved as of 9/14/20 at 7:20 am.
  • The headline at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878313/resolved-8-3-20-known-issue-7-16-20-xfinity-bill-syncing-issues#latest is "RESOLVED 8/3/20 Known issue 7/6/20 XFINITY Bill Syncing Issues". The plain meaning of the word "resolved" in this context is that the problem with Xfinity syncing is fixed. But it is clearly not. So what was the purpose of this "announcement" if the problem is ongoing?
  • k3lavine
    k3lavine Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    [Removed-Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • I too am having the same problem - I cannot create Xfinity as a biller. It says Authenticated, updating Bill....then prompts for the 2-factor code...then after I enter the code it says verification failed, code may be incorrect or expired. Interesting thing is that comcast then re-sends the same code to my phone. I have tried using both Xfinity and Comcast billers listed in Quicken. Clearly the problem is not solved as they posted in August. It must be related to the 2-factor auth. Very frustrating. I am 100% positive my password is correct - works everywhere else.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited September 2020
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps and to report this issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Contacting support will create help tickets that will help gauge user impact that may help to open a ticket with our service providers. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Any idea when this will be resolved?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello all,

We are currently working with our service providers to resolve this. At the moment, we do not yet have an ETA for the resolution.

Please take a moment to visit the alert for this issue at the link below and bookmark the conversation.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881655/known-issue-10-01-20-xfinity-bill-syncing-issues/p1?new=1

The alert will be updated when any new information or update becomes available. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I'm not able to get the program to recognize the xfinity code you have to input when starting out
This discussion has been closed.