BUGSPLAT

alinec
alinec Member
What on earth is this and why is it causing a crash EVERY TIME?? I spent an hour on the phone with tech support, finally got the program to open and as soon as i closed it again, I got the bugsplat message again...PLEASE SEND A PATCH TO STOP THIS MADNESS. My life is tied up in quicken and i can't access the program.

Comments

• Hello @alinec

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you're having. Could you go into more depth as to what tech support tried having you do? If you haven't already I would like to try doing a mondo patch. I'll leave the article down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

If you haven't tried this could you try it out and let us know if we're able to get past those bugsplats. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• alinec
    alinec Member
    We tried the following: mondo patch, reboot machine, qiclean uninstall, reinstall (still got bugsplat message), open while holding ctl key, created empty file, restored from backup over 45 days old, managed to get file open, downloaded transactions to be current, backed up file and closed quicken. upon opening again, got bugsplat message. i have re-done each of the above steps on my own and gotten the exact same result. In addition, I have scanned my computer with virus scanner, malware scanner and tried the install with my firewall turned off. PLEASE help. the program is unusable if I have to do this entire procedure every day!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please start Quicken with the CTRL key option so that your current data file is not opened. I suspect that your data file has been damaged and needs to be repaired or replaced.
    After Quicken opens, please
    • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
    • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
      https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭
    Using Windows 10, was using latest online 2020 Version. I've been a Quicken client since the beginning. Program crashed today, got a "bugsplat" text box. With the help of support, we uninstalled Quicken, Rebooted, Re-installed Quicken to no avail. Says installation was successful, as soon a click to launch Quicken it goes to BUGSPLAT.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if support had you use the following utility, but if not, this will be necessary to hopefully get you back on track.
    Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭
    thanks for the suggestion, but we tried QcleanUI. It didn't help.
  • GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭
    > @alinec said:
    > What on earth is this and why is it causing a crash EVERY TIME?? I spent an hour on the phone with tech support, finally got the program to open and as soon as i closed it again, I got the bugsplat message again...PLEASE SEND A PATCH TO STOP THIS MADNESS. My life is tied up in quicken and i can't access the program.

I have the exact same issue.
  • GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭
    Support and I have tried everything mentioned above, they told me to call back on Monday.. Unistall, reinstall, CleanUI, Mondo Patch, control shift double click, then restore backup file, NOTHING WORKS! Went back to work on my own. Did scannow (its a System File Checker), then DISM.EXE no errors come up... shut down, unplug the PC, then started over..... guess what BUGSPLAT, prevents me from using Quicken......PLEASE FIX!!
  • GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭
    I doubt very highly this is a data file problem. Each of the people with the problem has gone back to try to open multiple backups without success. I personally always do a validate and repair before each backup also. This is a program problem as I was working on Q in the morning and a few hours later it became worthless. How about IT figure it out if it's a MS update issue that is playing havoc with Q.
  • GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭
    FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE MADNESS OF BUGSPLAT - It wasn't my idea but give credit where credit is due (Thanks Francisco). Use an older Mondo Patch... try 25.18 (this worked for me) you can get it at http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html
  • @GLKNY

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it back up and running by going to an older patch. That being said when you got the bugsplats did you submit your reports by chance? I'm not exactly sure what's going on but that should help us try to narrow in on the issue for a future patch.

If you do run into any other issues could you let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭
    Yes I had submitted many reports and I certainly hope that helps the Q IT people. This was so frustrating, I can't thank you enough. I had worked for over an hour yesterday with support, and we couldn't get Quicken to work without the Bugsplat always opening, and closing Quicken. Used the clean tool, uninstalled and installed a couple of times, tried the most recent Mondo Patch and nothing worked. Some people in the "Community" thinks it's a data file corrupt issue, but this proved it wasn't. (IMO)
  • Wayne102
    Wayne102 Member ✭✭✭
    If BugSplat is truly a program to help Quicken developers, please help Quicken users help BugSplat by not being so illusive. I believe you will get more feedback from the BugSplat program. Otherwise, I am reluctant to sent information to an unknown requester.
This discussion has been closed.