Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Where's my Quicken Bill Payment Payees - quickenbillpay.com

I've been using Quicken BillPay for 20+ years and now can't access any of my data. I have been accessing and using using BillPay directly online at http://quickenbillpay.com/. I was not using the desktop Quicken software. I was told a few months ago by Quicken tech support that I would still be able to access and use BillPay directly online and that the discontinuation only effected those using the desktop BillPay software, Regardless, the emails I received said I wouldn't be able to make or schedule payments after Aug 31 but nowhere did it say I would not have access to my data. How can I download my data file to migrate all my accounts to Quicken Bill Manager?

>>>After TOMORROW MORNING, AUGUST 31, 2020:
All scheduled & recurring payments in the old system will be cancelled, regardless of when they were entered
You won't be able to use the old system to schedule any new payments<<<

Best Answers

Answers

  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    It's not apparent, to me, that the tech was correct.  Metavante, the vendor of Quicken BillPay discontinued the product ... so how could the web product continue?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Sounds like you either misunderstood the Quicken tech support you spoke with or they didn't know what they were talking about.  

    The company that provided Quicken Bill Pay was Metavante Payment Services.  In February 2020, Metavante Payment Services announced they had decided to terminate their Quicken Bill Pay service.  To provide all Quicken Bill Pay users ample opportunity to find alternate payment means, Quicken Bill Pay was not terminated until August 31, 2020.  

    If you only used the Quicken Bill Pay web site and did not maintain the online payees in a Quicken file (or else where), you're likely out of luck.  You may try contacting Quicken Bill Pay customer support: http://quickenbillpay.com

    If you have maintained the online payees in a Quicken file and you want to schedule online payments from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment using the Direct Connect connection method. 

    If you want to use Quick Pay and Check Pay, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-set-quick-pay-and-check-pay

    Otherwise, I suggest you consider most financial institutions provide free bill pay services.  
  • bikocincy
    bikocincy Member ✭✭
    Metavante is the check/payment processor. I was logging on to a Quicken domain so assume my account data resided on a Quicken server and when a payment was submitted/scheduled, the payee etc. info was transmitted to Metavante. Quicken should still have my data regardless if Metavante discontinued their services to Quicken.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Read the next to the bottom line of the QBP website, the one just above the Corporate address.
    "Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject change without notice."
    Quicken gave about 6 months notice.
    And if you didn't use the desktop product, how can Q POSSIBLY have your data???

    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    bikocincy said:
    Metavante is the check/payment processor. I was logging on to a Quicken domain so assume my account data resided on a Quicken server and when a payment was submitted/scheduled, the payee etc. info was transmitted to Metavante. Quicken should still have my data regardless if Metavante discontinued their services to Quicken.
    Metavante was the web service provider at quickenbillpay.com (not quicken.com).   Quicken only has access to the online payees you maintained in your Quicken file.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bikocincy said:
    I've been using Quicken BillPay for 20+ years and now can't access any of my data. I have been accessing and using using BillPay directly online at http://quickenbillpay.com. I was not using the desktop Quicken software.
    That's a really weird combo.... to NOT be using the Quicken software,
    and be using a 3rd party bill payment service - vs - just your own bank -

    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • bikocincy
    bikocincy Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > And if you didn't use the desktop product, how can Q POSSIBLY have your data???

    That should be rephrased:
    If I didn't use the desktop product how can I POSSIBLY have my data???
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    ps56k said:
    That's a really weird combo.... to NOT be using the Quicken software,
    and be using a 3rd party bill payment service - vs - just your own bank -

    Not so weird 20+ years ago.  Banks did not offer online bill payment, they just gave you checks for a checking account.  However, it's interesting to note that Checkfree, the original Quicken billpay option, still operates an online bill payment service, it just doesn't interface well with Quicken since they were dropped by Quicken in favor of other payment services.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    bikocincy said:
    > @NotACPA said:
    > And if you didn't use the desktop product, how can Q POSSIBLY have your data???

    That should be rephrased:
    If I didn't use the desktop product how can I POSSIBLY have my data???

    Neither You nor Q can possibly have your data on your PC ... unless YOU put it there.  Which, apparently, you didn't.
    QED
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • bikocincy
    bikocincy Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > (Quote)
    > Neither You nor Q can possibly have your data on your PC ... unless YOU put it there.  Which, apparently, you didn't.QED

    Exactly. I don't have it on my PC. It was stored somewhere....presumably on a Quicken server since that is the domain I logged into to access my data.
  • bikocincy
    bikocincy Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > Again...  The Quicken Bill Pay data has never been stored on a Quicken server.  You were accessing a server in the Quicken Bill Pay domain - not the Quicken domain.

    Quickenbillpay.com is a Quicken domain according to a whois query...

    Quicken: https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&amp;tmskey=tmskey=123&amp;domain=quickenbillpay.com&amp;domainName=quicken.com

    Name Server: A1-93.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A13-66.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A16-67.AKAM.NET

    Quickenbillpay: https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&amp;tmskey=tmskey=123&amp;domain=quickenbillpay.com&amp;domainName=quickenbillpay.com

    Name Server: A1-93.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A13-66.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A16-67.AKAM.NET
  • bikocincy
    bikocincy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    delete
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    bikocincy said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > Again...  The Quicken Bill Pay data has never been stored on a Quicken server.  You were accessing a server in the Quicken Bill Pay domain - not the Quicken domain.

    Quickenbillpay.com is a Quicken domain according to a whois query...

    Quicken: https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&amp;tmskey=tmskey=123&amp;domain=quickenbillpay.com&amp;domainName=quicken.com

    Name Server: A1-93.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A13-66.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A16-67.AKAM.NET

    Quickenbillpay: https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&amp;tmskey=tmskey=123&amp;domain=quickenbillpay.com&amp;domainName=quickenbillpay.com

    Name Server: A1-93.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A13-66.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: A16-67.AKAM.NET
    According to the whois query, they are distinct domains. They have distinct Registry Domain IDs.  

    You are mistaken if you believe the domains are the same because a whois query indicates the domain records are available at a common set of Akamai DNS servers.   
  • bikocincy
    bikocincy Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > According to the whois query, they are distinct domains. They have distinct Registry Domain IDs.

    Of course...they have different names. They're both owned by Quicken though.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bikocincy said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > According to the whois query, they are distinct domains. They have distinct Registry Domain IDs.

    Of course...they have different names. They're both owned by Quicken though.
    Different names don't necessarily mean distinct domains but in this case they do.

    Now your trying to argue that Quicken Inc owns both of these domain names.  I don't know if that is true or not.  It really doesn't matter.

    The Quicken Bill Pay data has never been stored on a Quicken server.
  • bikocincy
    bikocincy Member ✭✭
    Sure it matters. If Quickenbillpay.com is owned by Quicken then my data was stored on a server owned by Quicken. Go to Quickenbillpay.com you will see a link to Quicken.com and this statement...

    If you have any questions, please contact our customer support team for help.
    The Quicken Team

    Also... the address at the bottom is the address for Quicken Corporate Headquarters...

    Corporate Headquarters: 3760 Haven Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025

    Quickenbillpay.com is a server owned by Quicken.

    The only service Quicken was not responsible for with their Quickenbillpay service was the transfer and handling of funds and the check processing...that was done by Metavante.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    bikocincy said:
    Sure it matters. If Quickenbillpay.com is owned by Quicken then my data was stored on a server owned by Quicken. Go to Quickenbillpay.com you will see a link to Quicken.com and this statement...

    If you have any questions, please contact our customer support team for help.
    The Quicken Team

    Also... the address at the bottom is the address for Quicken Corporate Headquarters...

    Corporate Headquarters: 3760 Haven Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025

    Quickenbillpay.com is a server owned by Quicken.

    The only service Quicken was not responsible for with their Quickenbillpay service was the transfer and handling of funds and the check processing...that was done by Metavante.
    The owner of a domain doesn't necessarily own the server we may connect to when we use the domain.  And, it doesn't matter what appears on the portal's page.

    The Quicken Bill Pay data has never been stored on a Quicken server.
This discussion has been closed.