Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unspecified Bill Presentment Account

The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
So, I've looked at the old threads on this "Alert" that pops up in Quicken and can't seem to really find an answer as to what is causing it or how to get rid of it.

It will routinely show up in my Alerts. If I click on it, it goes to an empty register. I've tried going to the settings for the register and selecting to "View reminders in the register", so that I can delete those reminders, but no reminders are displayed.

Most of the old threads refer to the idea that the issue has to do with Online Bills from when Quicken was first instituting that feature.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Merg

Answers

• jrich75jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about this but have you tried either Manage Online Billers or Validate Online Billers?  They are accessible from the gear on the Bills & Income Tab.  Bills.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I just did the Validate Online Billers and it found some issues. It unlinked a few and made them just reminders. We'll see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,
    Merg
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    So, the Unspecified Bill Presentment Account alert appeared again today. There is nothing in the account and no reminders showing for it.

It would be nice if Quicken could actually explain what this is and how to resolve it. I've seen enough posts over the last several years on this topic with no resolution. That and along with the fact that someone actually created the functionality that displays this "Unspecified Bill Presentment Account" alert means that someone should know what causes it.

- Merg
  • Hello @The Merg

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

May I ask, if you navigate to the Bills and Income screen, do you see any billers listed that are in error that could point to the bill that is causing this problem?

Also, do recall any changes to any billers such as a new login or new credit card issued? 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Clark CClark C Windows Beta Beta
    Quicken Tyka - I too have seen this Unspecified Bill Presentment Account in my Alerts many times. It'll appear, randomly go away, and then randomly appear again. As with @The Merg above, if you click on the account in the Alert it takes you to an empty account register. No such Account exists in the Account List. Rather than asking Users to go search around in "haystacks" looking for a "needle", I don't understand why the developers/coders aren't asked, "What is this Account and why does it appear? What is its function? What should Users know about this Account?. The Account name of Unspecified Bill Presentment Account is a name Quicken displays; therefore it is defined by code, it is something specifically designed by the developers for some purpose. What's the purpose? The Quicken program didn't just make up this name on its own. Please ask the developers what this is and why does it appear. The code design has the answers. Users shouldn't have to go on wild-goose chases looking for "who knows what". Regards, Clark
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited September 2020

Hello @Clark C

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

The Community is mainly a user to user forum with a few moderators and employees to help keep things clean.

To report any issues to our development team please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and use this form. Please note that these reports will not receive a response or any updates.

If you would like a more hands-on approach you may consider joining beta testing: 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-apply-join-quicken-beta-testing

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jnpropjnprop Member ✭✭✭
    I suppose this issue has not been resolved. Recently, this exact same account has showed up in my alerts and it fits all the descriptions that everyone else explained. I also noted that you cant delete the account either as you could with "normal" accounts Its just a weird account that has no purpose that I can see and seems to come from thin air. I would like to get rid of it too!!

However, I've had my limit of Technical Support this week... maybe this month. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 20 minutes requesting information about a check pay payment that never came thru my bank. Between the bad connection and the thick Indian accent I barely could make out what the person helping me was saying. And I am not being any king of way, if you cant understand a person when they speak, you just cant understand them. Period. I don't care who or what you are, but i need to be able to comprehend what you are telling me.

Parrish
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you are seeing this error when using BillMinder, please note that Billminder is an unsupported program.

This means that resources will no longer be used to fix or patch this aspect of the program any longer.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7861604/what-happened-to-billminder-for-quicken-premier-2019

If you are seeing the message else, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem.

Please note that these reports will not receive a response or any updates, but will help contribute to the research of this issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.