Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Mobile app pops up Wells Fargo sync error message that is very annoying

For several years now the mobile app has been popping up a sync error message that asks for my login info. It usually pops up when I'm trying to enter data and will interrupt what I'm doing at that time - in the most annoying way! I spoke to the office of the president regarding this a few years ago and was told that it's Wells Fargo's fault. Of course, I called WF and they place the blame on Quicken. How about we all just recognize there is a problem with the connection and remove the pop up for the sake of customers? I was told it's impossible by the OOP and this seems to be rubbish because in previous versions there was no pop-up. There was still an error message, but no pop up that interrupts your work. The pop up seems like an ill-conceived attempt at punishing WF for not adapting. Unfortunately, it only punishes Quicken customers.

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @richsbca

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

The information provided by the Office of the President team is correct, the request for login-credentials is a security feature in which the Wells Fargo servers routinely clear all saved data.  This removes the stored login credentials used by the Quicken companion Mobile/Web Apps to update the transaction data and results in the prompt to enter the account login credentials when the App refreshes.

Our Teams are working with Wells Fargo and our service providers to improve this experience for our shared customers, but unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, we apologize.

While this information does not resolve the immediate issue, we do appreciate your feedback and can assure you that we are aware and working towards a permanent solution.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • richsbca
    richsbca Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Sarah" said:
    > Hello @richsbca
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > The information provided by the Office of the President team is correct, the request for login-credentials is a security feature in which the Wells Fargo servers routinely clear all saved data.  This removes the stored login credentials used by the Quicken companion Mobile/Web Apps to update the transaction data and results in the prompt to enter the account login credentials when the App refreshes.
    >
    > Our Teams are working with Wells Fargo and our service providers to improve this experience for our shared customers, but unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, we apologize.
    >
    > While this information does not resolve the immediate issue, we do appreciate your feedback and can assure you that we are aware and working towards a permanent solution.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

Thanks for your reply, Sarah.

If you don't have an ETA (its been years already) why not help out paying customers by removing the pop-up? There were previous versions that didn't have the disruptive pop-up and the pop-up is a NEW 'feature'. We still got the error, but it didn't jump out in front of everything.

Please consider your customers who use this day after day, year after year.

Thanks,

Rich
This discussion has been closed.