Quicken Crashes when clicking on Bank Account

When I attempt to open the register for my primary checking account Quicken crashes. I have attempted to use backups going back to end of June. I have upgraded to R28.24.

Super Validate does not indicate any problems with that account per se, but did flag several transactions in other accounts that involve transfers from that account. Deleting those transactions (out of the other accounts doesn't help).

Navigating from another account to the checking account via "Go To Matching Transfer" causes Quicken to hang.

I have noticed that some (not all) transactions entered via my "Paycheck" reminder/scheduled transaction result in related transactions in other accounts (the result of transfers within the Paycheck) having no Category. This has been sporadic for the past year, but gotten much more common.

This is a big file with over 20 years of data in it. Any help is appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you recreate the register: save a data file backup (press Crtl + B), deactivate the Online Services of the original register (press Ctrl + A, select Edit, select the Online Services tab and select Deactivate), create a new register (select Tools->Add Account...),  move the transactions from the original register to the new register (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160099/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts), reset any Memorized Payees and Reminders referencing the original register to use the new register, delete the original register and rename the new register. 
  • clrudolphi
    clrudolphi Member ✭✭
    @Sherlock - Add Opening the Account List (CTRL-A) to the list of actions that causes a crash :neutral: .
  • clrudolphi
    clrudolphi Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac - I used the QCleanUI and a complete re-install. For now, that seems to have done the trick. I can open the register without a crash.
    Thank you for your help everyone!
  • Hal9000
    Hal9000 Member
    edited May 21
    I have this problem too.

In my case, the register for an account with the direct connection method hangs when you try to work with the register. I've tried everything. I prefer the direct connection method because of its increased integration with my bank account.

[removed - no soliciting]
  • Hal9000
    Hal9000 Member
    Or could my bank be to blame?