Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't remove Biller from list

I am trying to set up Bill Manager now that Bill Pay is gone. Tried to set USAA as an online biller, but got message that Quicken can't do it and I have to pay them manually. Still, USAA is listed as a biller and I can't remove them. I go to the gear icon and hit the Remove button, I get a notification that it has been removed, but it is not removed. It is still on the list. This new Bill Manager is terrible. I am going to set up most, if not all of my payees to be paid using my bank's bill pay program. [removed - speculation]  I have used Bill Pay for decades, willingly paying for the extra payments when the allocated number of payment was exceeded.

Answers

• Hello @seckrich,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

After removing the biller, if you click on the dropdown option at the end of the biller's name, are you given the option to Unlink from "name of biller" (as shown below)
    or does it say Link to biller?

The reason I ask is that it's possible that when you removed it, it only removed the connection to the biller, but kept the (manual) reminder for it in the list.

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
  • seckrich
    seckrich Member ✭✭
    No, the three choices I am given are these:
    Refresh bill
    Link to reminder
    Go to biller website
  • Hello @seckrich

Thank you for the additional detail,s although I apologize that you have not received a follow up response. 

I would next recommend supervaldiating the file, to see if this process removes the bill.

To run this utility, open Quicken and go to the File menu > File Operations

Hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard, and click on " Super Validate & Repair, while holding the keys down

The Validate & Repair window will open and mark the top box that should say "Supervalidate file" then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • seckrich
    seckrich Member ✭✭
    That worked, although Ctrl+Shift didn't do anything...no "Super validate and repair", however, I just did a regular validate and that removed it.
  • seckrich
    seckrich Member ✭✭
    No, it didn't work after all. When I opened up the program tonight, those billers were back on the list...
  • Hello @seckrich

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I would next suggest navigating to the bills and income screen and choose the gear and selecting "Validate Online Billers."

Please let me know if this removes the billers or returns any messages.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • seckrich
    seckrich Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    That seemed to work. After I did the validate, it asked if I wanted to delete the biller, I said "yes". Then had to go to the drop down tab and hit "Delete this and all future transactions". This new Bill Pay "feature" is not ready for prime time. I tried linking another credit card account and Quicken was unable to connect to the server, though I had no problem navigating to it via my web browser. So far, it's just easier for me to write a check, put a stamp on the envelope, and send the bill in like I did 25 years ago when I first started using Quicken. [removed-speculation]
This discussion has been closed.