Unable to schedule payments in the future using Quicken Bill Manager

Unable to schedule payments in the future using Quicken Bill Manager. It will only allow me to put in today's date. I was able to do this last month.
Tagged:

Answers

• (For online payments). The amount shown as "Balance" for Citibank is incorrect ($500). When I try to pay more than that amount the dialogue box says the payment amount must be between $10 and $500. Also, it will not let me change the payment date from the default, which is the current date. I have also tried entering it through the register, but clicking Quick Pay in the check number field just opens the same dialog box with the same problems.
    Version is R28.24.
  • Hello @robertayerst,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide the version release of Quicken you are currently running, please?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, just to gain some clarity in order for us to better assist you-- did you attempt to schedule the future payments from the Bills & Income tab or directly from your account register?

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭
    I went to pay a Citi credit card bill today which is due in a month (10/3). I wanted to schedule it a few days before it was due, but a cryptic message in Quicken said "biller requires a date between 9/9 and 9/10". Has anyone else had this problem with Citi? Are they just trying to force me to pay a month early if I want the convenience of electronic bill pay?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue with Citi so that it may be investigated further.

Is this the only biller that has this time frame? Do other billers offer the ability to enter a date that is further out?

Last, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release.

@kathylair

I would contact support directly to investigate your issue further.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to review the online biller profile to determine the cause of the failed payment.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I am also running r28.24 on Windows 10, and I have no problem specifying the amount and date when I click on the QuickPay box in bills.
  • I wonder if Windows 7 could be the problem?
  • Version is R28.24 and I am trying to post future payment under the Bill & Income tab with one of my on-line billers Citi. Even though I have a new bill Quicken doesn't bring it in and I cannot get a payment posted to a date other than today's date. Today I had a new bill come in on another on-line biller and I had that option to pay now or in the future on the due date.
  • I've had this same problem with Citi but it seems more related to not recognizing that there is a bill due (even though Quicken has notified me of this bill via email AND even though I can log onto Citi and see the bill and when it is actually due). Frankly this looks like a Quicken issue, not a bank issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue with Citi so that it may be investigated further.

I would then contact support directly for further assistance. Contacting support creates help tickets that can help gauge user impact to get an issue investigated and escalated to our service provides if need be.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭
    Looks to me like the new Quicken Bill Pay has some problems... I can't afford to have unreliable bill payments. This should be a high priority issue to be resolved. Looks to me like the issue is primarily on "quick pay" transactions. Maybe the default should be to roll back to creating a paper check until the issues are resolved??
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    If your problem is specific to Citi, this post might be helpful:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20117903#Comment_20117903
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021