Quicken 2012 When I send checks to print a blank check comes out.

Quicken 2012 When I send checks to print a blank check comes out.

Answers

• Hello @jdyckman1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Hopefully, another member with personal experience will come along and assist as this is an older product and is no longer supported.

To help get the conversation going can you please provide some additional details?

First, what type of check are you printing? Voucher, Wallet, etc.?

Did anything change or occur that prior to this not working as expected?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first question would be whether items other than Quicken checks print properly.
    If so, then we'd need many details such as printer type, operating system version, printer settings in the printer and in Quicken, etc.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • HP ENVY 7640 Printer. Word documents print without a problem.
    Dell Optiplex running Windows 7 Professional
    Default settings.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Default settings generally don't work for printing checks. Have you ever successfully printed checks?
    In any case, go into File > Printer Setup > For Printing Checks and make sure all the settings are correct.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • The checks printed well for years. This problem just started a few days ago.
    The only change I notice is a brief message that says "Performing final conversion steps" when Quicken turns on.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    You're using an unsupported Quicken on an unsupported OS. Presumably, neither Quicken 2012 nor Win7 has changed in the last few days. So what did change on your PC in the last few days? ("Performing final conversion steps" is irrelevant.) Did you reinstall Q or your printer driver? The less info you provide, the less response you'll get.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you recently reinstall Quicken on a new computer?

Old Quicken Patch downloads 2000+

When running an old, unsupported Quicken for Windows version you may no longer be able to download bug fixes (patch files) directly from Quicken.
    However, until further notice they are still available here:
    US version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html
    Canadian version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-canadian.html
    If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show the highest Release number available for your version (year), as shown on this webpage, download and install the appropriate file(s) from the link above.