Download Transaction Panes

Hello, Please add an option to remove the 'Download Transactions' pane from all account register screens? Every single time I start Quicken, I have to minimize them on every account I access. The program does not remember the previous state when closing Quicken and later opening it again. While many people like them always being there, many likely do not need them.

Thank you for your time.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am seeing is that for banking registers if there is nothing to show in the downloaded transactions and reminders pane (zeros next to both of them) the pane is collapsed when I open the register, taking up very little screen space.

The same applies for investing accounts, except that if you have selected the Reminders section it wastes a few lines giving you the opportunity to create a reminder. If you select Downloaded transactions and then collapse the pane, the wasted space goes away and the pane stays collapsed if you navigate away then return to the account. But if you exit and restart Quicken, the Reminders section is re-selected and the pane gets bigger.

A nice improvement would be for Quicken to remember both the selected section and the expanded/collapsed state through restarts, so that the pane is not expanded unless it needs to be. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you manually entering all transactions and that is why you don't need the Downloaded Transactions tab?

If that is the case you can set these options and the Downloaded Transactions tabs will be removed:
    Edit Preferences -> Downloaded transactions
       Automatically add transactions to banking registers
       Automatically add to investment transaction lists
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/