Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I need more check pay transactions per month

The low cap on Check Pay transactions in Bill Manager is ridiculous. I'm maxed out for the month and it's early in the month.

Also, Bill Manager doesn't work with scheduled transactions. If I try to Check Pay or Quick Pay a scheduled transaction, it says I can't convert an existing transaction. But that makes no sense. The whole point of scheduled transactions is NOT to have to re-enter them every month.

Will Quicken allow downgrades to Deluxe, outside its normal windows? I only paid for Premier to get more check-pay transactions. If I have to use my bank's bill pay once my "quota" is used up, there's no point in having the Bill Manager function.

Comments

• Launce
    Launce Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Thanks. Is there any way to use Quick Pay or Check Pay with Bill Reminders? Or is that functionality lost forever?

With Quicken Bill Pay, a reminder could be automatically entered as a bill pay transaction, which would then be sent for payment with the next online update.

But I can't do that with Bill Mangler. It enters the reminder transaction, but then tells me I can't convert it to Quick Pay or Check Pay. So I'm forced to re-enter the reminder transaction manually.

When I set up a reminder, there is a checkbox that says "Allow paying with Check Pay." But it doesn't work -- you still have to re-enter the transaction manually -- and there is no "Allow paying with Quick Pay" option.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Launce said:
    Thanks. Is there any way to use Quick Pay or Check Pay with Bill Reminders? Or is that functionality lost forever?

With Quicken Bill Pay, a reminder could be automatically entered as a bill pay transaction, which would then be sent for payment with the next online update.

But I can't do that with Bill Mangler. It enters the reminder transaction, but then tells me I can't convert it to Quick Pay or Check Pay. So I'm forced to re-enter the reminder transaction manually.

When I set up a reminder, there is a checkbox that says "Allow paying with Check Pay." But it doesn't work -- you still have to re-enter the transaction manually -- and there is no "Allow paying with Quick Pay" option.
    Quick Pay and Check Pay do work with online bills linked to Bill Reminders.

Online bills may be automatically paid if the Online Biller supports the functionality.  If the online biller supports the functionality, we do not use Quick Pay or Check Pay to pay the online bill.  To enable the functionality, you sign-in to the online biller's web site and provide the payment information.

The ability to pay online payees using an auto-entry bill reminder is still available if we use one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment with the Direct Connect connection method.
  • Launce
    Launce Member ✭✭
    But I can no longer have a Check Pay or Quick Pay transaction entered as a reminder, and then choose when to schedule it? And I can no longer do it at all with vendors who don't participate in the biller program? In both cases, I now have to manually key in the transaction. Correct?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Launce said:
    But I can no longer have a Check Pay or Quick Pay transaction entered as a reminder, and then choose when to schedule it? And I can no longer do it at all with vendors who don't participate in the biller program? In both cases, I now have to manually key in the transaction. Correct?
    Check Pay and Quick Pay are payment methods.  Check Pay is used to send a check to anyone in the US.  Quick Pay is used to pay online bills to online billers.  Quick Pay can not be used to pay vendors that are not supported as online billers.  We can schedule Check Pay and Quick Pay payments.  We can not schedule repeating payments with Check Pay and Quick Pay.

If we have a transaction in a register, we may use the transaction to create a reminder.  If the payee is a Check Pay payee, we may schedule a Check Pay payment using the reminder.  If we link the reminder to an online bill, we may schedule a Quick Pay payment.

We still have the ability to have an online payee transaction entered as a reminder and then choose to schedule it and do it at all with vendors who don't participate in the biller program when we use one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment with the Direct Connect connection method.