Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Problem Downloading / Importing All American Express Transactions Matching Monthly Bill

I have been using Quicken Home and Business for many years and currently use the subscription version. On a monthly basis, I have imported my American Express billing statement records into Quicken and categorize them to pay from different checking accounts. As of approximately 4 months ago I have been unable to import a statements worth of transactions into Quicken, run a report and have the report total for the statement date match the amount due on my printed bill.

I have gone to the Amex website directly and downloaded a statements worth of transactions to a Quicken file format. I then double clicked the file to import it into Quicken successfully. I recently tried the One Step Direct Connect to download/import transactions. It appears to me that the transactions are not being imported into Quicken with the transaction dates that correspond with the dates on the bill.

The dates in Quicken have to match the bill to ensure that I can add up categorized Quicken reports to the monthly Amex bill. Any thoughts on how to resolve or if I should pursue this with Quicken or Amex?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @marcher ,

Review this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

The Dates on the transactions that are imported, is actually the Posting Date. The Posting Date is the Date that the transaction is posted to your Account, not the actual date of the transaction.

The FAQ contains links to Quicken Support as well.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R30.21  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21296.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.746

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    @marcher - The default register view is to show the transaction dates.  You can modify the register view to also show the posting dates by clicking on the lower of the 2 upper right Gear icons and then checking the box for "Downloaded posting date".  Some of my credit card and bank statements include both the transaction dates and the posting dates and I've found adding this column to be really helpful in matching up what is in the statements to what is in Quicken. 

(QW Premier Subscription: R31.5 on Windows 10)