Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Multiple OL-362-A errors

Frankx
Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
I received multiple OL-362-A errors this morning for the first time ever for these accounts.  They are across a number of well known Financial Institutions.  Accounts with ETrade, TD Ameritrade and Vanguard while using One Step Update.  Version is R28.24 (build = 27.1.28.24) - Windows 10 Home - version 1909

Anyone else seeing this?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                         - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
  -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Anja,

Thanks very much for your reply.  This was quite a surprise for me, so much so, that I wanted to check whether other users might be seeing this same very unusual situation (at least for me as a long-time user).  I am aware of the guidance, but - being a long-time user - I wanted to see if others were experiencing the same issue (you know - its the old "misery likes company" routine).  

I appreciate your referencing the standard guidance.

Take care.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Jim7
    Jim7 Member ✭✭
    Frankx -

Having read your many comments trying to help others having the same problem in another thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874568/vanguard-error-in-an-existing-401k-account/p1

Welcome to the club!

Many people have been struggling with this same issue over the last few months. No effective workaround has been recommended by Quicken, no comments on corrections in future updates has been communicate. I'm not sure why the other discussion was closed since the problems is still occurring for many, and remains unresolved. I have experienced that direct connect downloads don't work correctly - I get no error message but most transactions fail to download. When I attempt to do a manual download to import into my quicken file I get the OL-362 error and the import fails. Deactivate / activating the account did not fix the problem (at first I could not reactivate the account at all, which was a bit of a scare) but it did allow me to create a (temporary) new account to download all of the transactions so I could copy and paste them into the existing account. I then delete the temporary new account. Also have to run a query to find and delete erroneous placeholder entries that get created in the account, but are not visible in the register among the transactions. Unfortunately, a lot of workaround to achieve what should be a simple data download...

It sure would be nice if the Quicken team would recognize the issue as a serious unsolved problem that needs to be investigated and fixed in a future update.
  • jjn321
    jjn321 Member
    Hi,

This morning, I'm receiving OL-362-A for all my investment accounts (Vanguard
    and TD Ameritrade), 15 accounts, except for one account from TD Ameritrade. I went back to a backup from yesterday (9/16 at 9am) that worked yesterday morning right before performing the backup, performed the update on that file, and had the exact same issues. Went back to a backup from Tuesday (9/15 at about 8:30am), this file's update had definitively worked on Wednesday. Same issue. Attempted to also reset the Financial Profile information (using CNTL-Shift on the Contact Information). Nothing works.

Here's what's even stranger --> I deleted the update information from all investment accounts, even the one that worked. I started adding back accounts one by one and performed an update after each add. Added the first one (call it "A"), performed an update and A worked fine. Added the next one (call it "B"), and during the update A still worked, B received the error message. Added the next one (call it "C"), and now "C" worked during the update, but both A and B received the OL-362-A issue. Even though A had worked for the prior two updates before C was added.

Seems that there appears to be something else going on than a typical OL-362-A issue by deleting the online information and re-adding it back. Can't perform the standard process without receiving the error message.

I'm on Release 28.28, and have Windows Version 2004, OS Build 19041.508. Any help appreciated as basically all my investment updates no longer work.
  • bill505
    bill505 Member
    edited September 2020
    I started receiving the OL-362-A error at the same time across all and numerous investment accounts (USB, Raymond James, Schwab, Fidelity, Alight, etc). Last successful download for all these accounts was September 15th at 8:40am ET.

Coincidence? I think not. Related to a recent Quicken update? Seems very likely. Frustrating? Definitely!

[Removed-Disruptive]
  • bill505
    bill505 Member
    And then suddenly, it worked! Didn't do anything other than exit Quicken and restart it.
  • krad
    krad Member
    edited October 2020
    I deactivated one of the many accounts that were "out of sync", per instructions. Closed, reopened, reactivated the account. What a mess! It came up as a completely new account - did not link to the original entry! And the other accounts updated just fine. Only then did I see the submission above & realize a simple close & open of Quicken might fix the problem. Ended up starting over with an older version from my iDrive backup. What a pain. [Removed-Rant]
This discussion has been closed.