Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Check Pays have not been cashed

This discussion was created from comments split from: How to use Check Pay to pay an unscheduled bill?.

Comments

• None of my Check Pays have been cashed and now getting past due fees. Have to go to each payee and pay manually.
  • Hello @pcbowman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile and research this issue further to help work on a solution.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Lightfoote
    Lightfoote Member
    edited September 2020
    This new Check Pay system is profoundly defective. Checks that are recorded as "mailed" have yet to be received after 7 days. [removed - speculation] I'm switching back to paper checks that I print and mail, and will be received within 3 working days.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I don't use Bill Pay / Bill Manager at all. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, whatever the biller calls it. The payment is debited from my checking or credit card account by the biller on due date. And there's no transaction fee. When I get notified about a new statement having arrived, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to pay the amount due. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

• DQL
    DQL Member
    Every check pay check I've sent has been rejected by the bank. These are drawn on an E*Trade bank and not a single one has gone through. Luckily I caught the pattern before my life insurance defaulted. What exactly are you people doing? Don't you know paying bills matters?
  • DQL
    DQL Member
    Happy to send someone a picture of one of the voided checks - the one banks don't accept.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Hello @DQL

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

As the Community is mainly a user to user forum, I would recommend contacting support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the CheckPay transactions to help isolate the issues you have been experiencing.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭
    I have a check to an insurance policy that was sent on 9/15 that is still not cashed and is due on 10/13. Im not sure what to do. Go and pay it online and try to stop the check... seems like their needs to be access to stop a check online or something. Calling support is misery
  • Bob W
    Bob W Member
    The Quicken CheckPay service is not reliable. I have sent 2 checks out to different Credit Card companies allowing 2 weeks for the check to arrive. Neither has arrived. It is now my due date so I have to make another payment on each card or I will be hit with late fees. Then I have to wait to see if the checks ever arrive and I am out a lot of money. I never had these issues with the old Qukcken Bill Pay. I used it for 10 years with no problems. The new service is not reliable. And it could cost you money in late fees.
This discussion has been closed.