Cannot set up Best Buy Card as Online Bill

I keep getting the attached message. If I choose the option "Go to biller website" from the Try Again drop down, it takes me directly to the correct website which is working normally (It's a Citiretailservices site). This been going on for a week.
If I go to Manage Online billers to remove this non-functioning biller, it says I successfully removed it, but it never gets removed. So I'm stuck seeing this useless Best Buy biller in the Needs Attention box everytime I go to the Bills tab.

Anyone seen this before?

Answers

• Hello @ghclark,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, review this error-specific support article regarding the error message you are receiving. You may need to wait 48 hours before trying again. As stated in the article if the steps provided do not resolve your issue, then you will need to contact Quicken Support for further assistance so our support agents can review and investigate this Online Biller's profile internally.

As for removing the biller, if you click on the dropdown option at the end of the biller's name, are you given the option to Unlink from "name of biller" (as shown below)
    or does it say Link to biller?

The reason I ask is that it's possible that when you attempted to remove it, it's possible that it only removed the connection to the biller, but kept the (manual) reminder for it in the list.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the response.

In the dropdown, it said Link to Biller.

So, I went to Manage Online Billers and then to Edit Password and re-entered my username and password. This allowed me to remove the problematic online biller record (great!) and then it created a manual reminder which I also deleted. Not sure why this worked now as I have tried this a couple times over the last week.

I tried to re-add Best Buy as an online biller but got the same initial error message about not being able to contact their website. (Again, the website is fully functional.) Good news is that this time I was able to remove the non-functional Best Buy biller record without issue.

I guess I'll just have to pay BB another way. Maybe you can pass this issue with BB up the line?

Thanks, again!
  • Thank you for providing additional information and an update! Glad to hear you were able to remove it.

As for the error message, I do still recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for further assistance first to have the biller's profile internally looked at by our support agents as this may result in requiring Tier 2 assistance and/or an escalation to be filed.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Kerry Lawson
    Kerry Lawson Windows Beta Beta
    Unfortunately, I have the same issue and was able to remove the biller by starting to change Quicken ID (logging out), closing quicken, then restarting quicken. I contacted support last week and was told an escalation was being filed, but the error biller website is unavailable continues. I guess I'll give Quicken support another chance otherwise Best Buy will be paid by another means.
  • Kerry Lawson
    Kerry Lawson Windows Beta Beta
    I have reported this issue to Customer Care with Best Buy twice - first an escalation and a week later a follow-up. Still does not work - website is unavailable but I login fine.