Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Changing Payee Name & Clearing My categories

This started happening a few weeks back but quicken has been taking transactions I entered into my register and changing the payee and removing the category its annoying and [removed-language] should NEVER happen

Examples
T-Mobile quicken changes it to TMOBILE*AUTO PAY 800-937
Ice Cream changes to COLDSTONE #1800....

Comments

• Extra details this is only happening on the one account I have enabled in quicken on the web. Is it doing updates in the background and screwing this up and then downloading it to my local file. If so this needs to be fixed asap
  • Hello @z3razerviper

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well the name of the financial institution.

Do you receive any error codes or messages?

Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering, @Quicken_Tyka , is it possible that this is a timing issue?
    • A transaction for "Ice Cream" was recorded in Quicken on the Web
    • In Quicken on the PC, the customer downloaded and, I assume, automatically accepted transactions from the bank(s) but had not yet synced the data file with pending updates from the web app
    • This resulted in a new register transaction using the downloaded "Coldstone" name
    • In Quicken on the PC, does a Renaming Rule exist to change "Coldstone" to "Ice Cream"? I don't think so.
    • Upon the next Sync ... I have no idea what would happen to the "Ice Cream" transaction ...

• 1. I use the desktop app as my primary entry point I never use the web app. I do sometimes use the mobile app
    2. I never auto accept anything all my accounts are using direct connect but I always manually accept. I also enter transactions nightly so the records are always in the file before they sync down.
    3.The old transaction is being replaced not an extra one being created
    4. No but I have never need that because the transactions always exist before the sync down from the bank
    5. After I correct the file after its been replaced and resync quicken on the web is still wrong but the file is then correct. The web only gets corrected if I force a delete and resync which is not really fixing anything.

Due to all these issues I have decided to turn off sync for now I cant have these transaction corruptions keep happening its to much work to track down and fix every day.
  • JCM10463JCM10463 Member
    I have just started experiencing the same problem. After an online update of my checking accounts historic (going back 3 months) reconciled checks have their status changed to "cleared", their payee deleted and replaced with the check number, and their category deleted. This is occurring on two accounts at two separate banks. Changing historic records is a big problem. Help please!
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @JCM10463

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

This report will not receive a direct response but the information will be used to investigate and research purposes to better understand this issue.

In the meantime, I would reset the cloud to clear the error message, I would then disable the sync altogether. This is located in the top left select Edit > Preferences > Mobile and Web > Turn Sync off. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~