Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Problem Updating My Credit Card Account

I recently successfully changed numbers for one of my credit cards. When I run One Step Update the balance for the account is updated but the transactions are not updated. There is no error message. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @sjones28146

Thank you for the response although I apologize that continue to experience this trouble with Sharonview Federal Credit Union.

As you have been experiencing this issue for quite some time, I would recommend contacting support once more, however, this time I would recommend contacting by phone.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the log files to determine the cause of the error to provide to the financial institution. You may also request that the support agent contact Sharonview with you to help gain traction on the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    HOW did you change that account number?
    Because you need to deactivate the account from download, edit the account over to the new number and then re-activate the account.
    Being SURE to select LINK instead of ADD when Q asks how to associate the online account with Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thank you. Yes, I followed all of those steps. As I said when updating the account the updated balance is shown but the trans actions aren't shown.
  • NotACPA
    Ok, let's try something else.
    What BANK issued your credit card?
    And, when you do TOOLS, Account List ... what does it say in the "Transactions Download" column for this account?
  • The issuing bank is Georgia's Own Credit Union. In the Transaction Download Column is "Yes (Express Web Connect)".
  • I have the same problem with a card issued by Sharonview Federal Credit Union. It updated fine up to a couple of weeks ago. It is connected with Express Web Connect also.

One other thing: I need to change my username. Who can help?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ stevej1s,

Did you also change account numbers for your account, or did another event trigger the download transactions failure?

p.s. - I have alerted the Mods - they will fix your username.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Missing Some Transactions When Downloading From Bank?

https://www.quicken.com/support/missing-some-transactions-when-downloading-bank

Quicken Says There Are Transactions to Accept But Do Not See Any

Please read and try this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/faq-quicken-windows-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug

• Hello @tanstaafl and @sjones28146

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look and if you two wouldn't mind I'd like to see if we're experiencing these issues still in a test file.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. If you are let us know and we'll see what we can attempt next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I'll try the test account when I get home. As far as the trigger, I don't know. No account change that I'm aware of.
  • NotACPA
    GOCU also supports Web Connect, where you initiate the download from their website and import it into Q.
    SO, for a one-time test, can you see if you can initiate the download of your credit card directly from the website?
    This, sometimes, shakes the cobwebs loose and allows normal processing to resume.
  • I tried the process described by Francisco. I added 3 accounts from our bank. These didn't have a problem downloading before and still didn't in the test. Each downloaded about 75 days of transactions. I also added the credit union account that had been a problem. It only downloaded today's balance and no transactions. Doesn't this sound like the credit union is the problem? If so, how do I get it fixed? Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!
  • Thanks NotACPA, I looked at the website. They allow downloads to Excel and one other form of download but not a download to quicken. The old GOCU card was managed by EzCard. The new one is managed by Georgia's Own Credit Union. The new card/account is a continuation of the old card/account but the new card down loads still show nly the balance. I'' try to answer everyoe who has commented tomorrow. I had cataract surgery toda and need to be fresh to work on this. Thanks to everyone.
  • Thanks a lot tanstaafl and NotACPA. Glad that you are "seeing" the problem clearly. To be clear the experimental download to the test file that I did was from Sharonview Federal Credit Union.
  • By the way tanstaafl, you mentioned "but the new card down loads still show nly the balance" in reference to the GOCU card. That sounds exactly like what the Sharonview card started doing a couple of weeks ago. Related?
  • Any additional thoughts about how tanstaafl and sjones28146 can fix their download problem?
  • NotACPA, sjones28146, Frankx, UKR, and Quicken Francisco,
    Georgia's Own has been doing something on their own which is creating more problems. I'm withdrawing my question until they get their act together. Thanks for looking into this problem.
    tanstaafl
  • I'm getting nowhere trying to get my transaction updates from Sharonview Federal Credit Union to Quicken. The transactions don't update even to a test account. Quicken says that the problem is with the financial institution and I tend to agree with them. Sharonview says that they can help with password resets but that's about it. I'm frustrated. Isn't there something in the log files that will help understand the problem?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @sjones28146

Thank you for the response although I apologize that continue to experience this trouble with Sharonview Federal Credit Union.

As you have been experiencing this issue for quite some time, I would recommend contacting support once more, however, this time I would recommend contacting by phone.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the log files to determine the cause of the error to provide to the financial institution. You may also request that the support agent contact Sharonview with you to help gain traction on the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.