Blank box when adding new security

I've purchased new securities and when I try to add them, I get a blank box and am unable to add it. Have tried validating the account, reopening program (have windows R28.28), cleaning file and still can't add new securities. This happened several years ago and took forever to get fixed. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Tried to manually add it as well on the investing dashboard and I still get the blank box
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please attach a screen capture of the blank box.
    Save the image to your Windows desktop, then drag it into the text box in your next post to this thread.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • have added the screenshot-just has the Quicken icon at top with Add Security to Quicken then nothing. Used to connect to the internet to look for the security and add it to the file
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    No idea. It should look like the dialog below. I suggest you contact Quicken Support and allow them to share your screen.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • the blue box is missing. Quicken support takes forever and is a pain in the neck
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @selladon,

A question:

Can you tell us approximately how many securities you currently have on your security list?

Thanks,
    Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • how do I confirm that number?
  • Just got off support and they weren't able to fix problem. Escalating the issue
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should have asked this question first - is there any chance that the total number of securities on your "Security List" is over 2,000?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks.  Please keep us advised.

Frankx