Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

When I double click on one of my on-line payees it no longer opens

I have always double clicked on a payee from my on-line payee list and the account would open. I would then input the pertinent information (amount & pay date) and send to Wells Fargo on line to be processed. Today, after a Quicken update, I went on line to pay a bill but when I double clicked on the payee nothing happened, it did not open. If I click edit all the info is there and I tried opening other payees and they will not open either, I've rebooted the computer just in case but no luck. Appreciate any help you can provide

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    A couple of suggestions.  The R28.28 update restored the ability to see online payees from the old Quicken Billpay system on the Online Payee list.  On my list, the FI is now shown as "Show all Online Payees".  The payee information is there but they can no longer be used since QBP is dead.  So, be sure your FI is set to Wells Fargo on the list.  Also, you should verify that your checking account is still enabled for Online Bills Payment using direct connect to Wells Fargo.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Thanks jrich75. I had not noticed the FI window before. It was set to “Show all Online Payees” and when I changed it to Wells Fargo everything worked fine again. However when I close Quicken and then open it the FI reverts back to “Show all Online Payees“. Is there some way to make Wells Fargo the default FI?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure.  I typically use reminders to initiate payments rather than a payee list.  If you have bill reminders set up to use Well Fargo billpay, they should continue to work properly.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021