The app is excruciatingly slow, why?

I have uninstalled, installed, logged out, logged in, cleared browser cache, logged in. It takes a good minute or more to enter transaction. It can take upward of 30 seconds after tapping on an area for that area to load. This is an ongoing issue, question asked in March, and answers given were of no consequence, so what gives? Using iOS, app is updated, iOS current.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2020
    Hello @njpaisley,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, I'd like to ask you a few questions in order to better assist you further.
    1. Is the desktop program that you're syncing to the Quicken Mobile app on Windows or Mac?
    2. Could you please provide which version release of the Quicken desktop program you are currently running? --                                                    Windows: Help > About Quicken / Mac: Quicken > About Quicken
    3. Last could you please provide a link to the previous post you mentioned is related to this issue?

Check back and let us know, thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • njpaisley
    njpaisley Member ✭✭
    I open WINDOWS-current version, maybe 1 time per month to sync my mobile app. I have no issues with WINDOWS. It is the app I use on my phone, and the phone is iPhone XR, current version, it auto-updates.

I have had this issue for a year, I have reached out to this community in March with the same issue.
  • njpaisley
    njpaisley Member ✭✭
    The version of quicken on my Mac is Quicken Deluxe which is scheduled to renew automatically on 2-17-2021, so it is the current version.
  • Hello @njpaisley

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have a few more questions to help me better understand what could be happening.

First, you mention using both Windows and Mac, do you see this slowness whether using the Windows or Mac file or only with the Window file?

If you sign into the Web Companion app, https://app.quicken.com/ do you see any errors or latency?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • njpaisley
    njpaisley Member ✭✭
    Hi.
    First:
    Quicken Mobile App for iOS. That is the issue.

Second:
    Quicken Deluxe- Current version for Windows, which is up-to-date.

Third:
    https://app.quicken.com/ has less latency, but appears much different than either app. I am using iPad iOS to view.

Fourth:
    I am using for the main program “Quicken Deluxe for Windows” as the main program and “Quicken for iOS” on my phone and iPad. The phone is XR.

Please excuse me, but I think I’m just repeating the info already given. So am not sure EXACTLY what information you’re after. All, and I mean all, of the programs and operating systems are up-to-date, I just downloaded the update for Quicken Deluxe this morning, synced to the cloud, and used the “mobile” App to see if that helped. It did not. I have a subscription for Quicken Deluxe that will auto-renew in Feb of ‘21, so it’s the current version of the “desktop” app...and I’m definitely repeating all the information given previously, so, if you could be more specific what info not given would be helpful, I will certainly share that with you.
  • njpaisley
    njpaisley Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows is not an issue, just in case that was not clear. Quicken app for “iOS” is the only issue, and that issue is the 1-2 minutes it takes to enter a single transaction. On the MOBILE app.
  • Hello @njpaisley

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • HAFMAC
    HAFMAC Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020
    [removed-rant/unhelpful] 
  • HAFMAC
    HAFMAC Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020
    I'm sorry you thought my post was a rant. The iOS program is too slow. I've been using it and even simple things like changing accounts is not responsive. At times when I hit save, it takes a long time to register and save the transaction.
    [removed-argumentative/violation of Community Guidelines]
  • njpaisley
    njpaisley Member ✭✭
    It was kind of a rant, but this one is good! I feel your frustration. Quicken support is no help, btw. There is nothing to do except wait for a fix, or find another Mobil app. The desktop version is good, but the slowness renders the mobile app nearly useless if you have more than one transaction.
  • njpaisley
    njpaisley Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    [removed - no soliciting]  I’d switch in a heartbeat. Hope they don’t delete this.
  • Jimhaar
    Jimhaar Member
    Same exact problem I have. Quicken Mac subscription so its all current. Have deleted and reinstalled iOS app on an iPhone 7 and an iPad several times. Exact same symptom persists. Makes iOS app almost useless to use.
  • Same exact problem hour and a half on the phone with tech support install and install delete etc. same crap excruciatingly slow
    The application mint what’s the Quicken mobile app to Shane on speed and I am paying for the mobile app and for the annual subscription can you please fix this once and for all I have seen this issue going on in the fridge for almost a year
  • duner1389
    duner1389 Member
    edited November 2020
    Same problem crazy slow.
    [removed - no soliciting] is free app and it is fast compared to my paid subscription. Very disappointing
    Fix it please
  • jtburgess
    jtburgess Member
    Add my vote for the iOS app being extremely slow.
    Just entering the amount for a new transaction, I can enter 9999 before it even displays the first digit. That is ridiculous!
    Other fields are similarly painfully slow.
    And I can forget whether I’ve clicked Save before I see any action.
This discussion has been closed.