Online bills are being updated with an early due date

Hello,

When I have a new online bill it is using a due date that's a day early which then messes up the reminders I have linked to them. This has been happening for a few months now for Chase (credit cards and mortgage), Spectrum, and Coserv.

If I manually go into each one and "refresh bill" it seems to update it correctly. But if I have to do that then what's the point of linking these in the first place??

I am always up-to-date so this has happened with previous versions but currently running R28.28.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi [email protected],

Are you using Quicken Bill Manager or do you make payments using your bank?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Hi @Frankx

This isn't to pay bills, it's just to download new bills that are then linked to reminders. I pay each bill by setting it up through their respective website.

The reason this is an issue for me is because of my monthly reporting. My mortgage is actually due on the 1st of every month but when it automatically downloads from Chase under "Bills & Income --> Bills" it will have it a day earlier which is then linked to my mortgage reminder...in this case September 30 instead of October 1. If I don't manually change that then it looks like I paid two mortgage payments in September in a monthly report.

Certainly not the end of the world, it just bothers me when things don't work the way I think they should ;)
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    If I manually go into each one and "refresh bill" it seems to update it correctly. But if I have to do that then what's the point of linking these in the first place??

So the bills initially update with an early date but if you refresh an individual bill it corrects to the right date?  That does seem strange.
    I have actually unlinked all my bills from my reminders.  I did not like the adverse effect linking had of the estimated amount aspect of the reminder.  So when a bill arrives, the reminder remains unchanged.  I can edit the reminder to the correct amount if necessary and then enter it for payment later.  I just ignore the bill and it falls back down to the bottom of the bills tab, waiting again.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Yes, I've had my share of troubles with linking the two and will probably just go back to un-linking them. Another example is again with my mortgage. I pay extra principal that Chase obviously knows about but isn't reflected in the amount that's downloaded. So yes, every month I'm changing the due date and the amount. I know it seems counter-intuitive but I'm a sucker when it comes to using every available feature.
  • I unlinked the online bills to my reminders and I'm still having the issue with my two Chase credit cards. Due date is the 16th for both of them. I will update "this instance" with the actual amount for both and after a OSU they will both go back to the 15th and sometimes the amount goes back to my estimated amount. So frustrating.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to view the online biller profile to locate and report any issues to help get this resolved.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~