Quick Pay shows Paid Successfully but no transaction at bank or biller!

I've been using Quick Pay in Bill Manager without a problem. I especially like the ability to schedule Quick Pay payments now. However, I have a bill that I paid using Quick Pay, entered on 9/1 to be paid on 9/14, that shows that the payment was made yesterday, was successful, and even gives me a confirmation number. However, neither the bank it was supposed to come from nor the credit card company it was supposed to go to shows the payment. Not even pending transactions! What do I do here?
Tagged:

Answers

• Also, I tried to chat with Quicken support and all I got over and over was "I don't understand your question, please elaborate!" When I asked if they could connect me to someone in the US, they gave me a phone number. sigh, I used to love Quicken so much.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    neither the bank it was supposed to come from nor the credit card company it was supposed to go to shows the payment. Not even pending transactions! What do I do here?
    Did you check the Payment Section (Pay Now or whatever they call it) of the BIllers web site to see if a payment is being processed?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • > @jrich75 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Did you check the Payment Section (Pay Now or whatever they call it) of the BIllers web site to see if a payment is being processed?

Yes I did, it does not show there either. And its still that way this morning. Quicken says it was successfully paid on 9/14, even gives me a confirmation #. But neither the source bank nor the credit card bank have any record of it, happened or pending.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    What biller is it?  Have you used Quick Pay with them before?  If you are concerned about a late fee, you could just process a payment yourself directly from their web site.  Otherwise, I'd wait a couple days to see if there is an unusual delay in posting the payment this month.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • > @jrich75 said:
    > What biller is it?  Have you used Quick Pay with them before?  If you are concerned about a late fee, you could just process a payment yourself directly from their web site.  Otherwise, I'd wait a couple days to see if there is an unusual delay this month.

The biller is Chase Bank and yes, I've used it with them before. Granted I've only been able to schedule the Quick Pay the previous 2 or 3 payments prior because scheduled Quick Pay was just recently added, but they showed on both the bank and the biller sites on the day they were scheduled.

It very well could be delayed this time for some reason but to not even see pending payments on either bank or biller 2 days later is concerning. Thanks for the response.
  • I have this same problem - attempted to pay Duke Energy and have a confirmation number. HOwever Duke Energy never received the payment and Chase never recorded a payment either
  • I spent a couple hours with Quicken support. They said the transaction was recorded and deleted it. They then had me submit the transaction again but it wouldn't let me because one already existed. They couldn't figure it out and suggested I pay the bill manually and it will be reset once the payment date passes. A real cluster of a solution because it wasn't a fix.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this same problem - attempted to pay Duke Energy and have a confirmation number. HOwever Duke Energy never received the payment and Chase never recorded a payment either

About your Bill Pay / Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth:
    I don't use Bill Pay / Bill Manager at all. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Just authorize the biller to debit the payment directly from your checking or credit card account on due date, sit back, relax and wait for it to happen.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

• > @UKR said:
    > About your Bill Pay / Bill Manager issues
    >
    > My 2cents' worth:
    >
    >
    > I don't use Bill Pay / Bill Manager at all. Since time "B.I." (before
    > the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as
    > Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Just
    > authorize the biller to debit the payment directly from your checking or credit
    > card account on due date, sit back, relax and wait for it to happen.
    >
    > When I get notified
    > of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in
    > Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction.
    > Haven't missed a payment in many years.

A lot of people don't trust billers and want to make sure their bill is correct before paying ;)