Blank White Pop-up "Enter Quicken ID Password"?

I started Quicken. It opened a pop-up window "Enter Quicken ID Password" but the window is a blank white box.  I can close it but the Quicken program is grayed out so that I cannot use it or close it.  I need to use Task Manager to exit the program.
I have the latest version of Quicken for Windows.  I cannot check the update version since the program is grayed out.
Has anyone else encountered this?
What did you do to solve the problem?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Joseph Hanna"

To fix this - take a look at this LINK and follow the directions. 

Let me know how it goes.

Frankx 

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Joseph Hanna
    Joseph Hanna Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Frank.  I had to reinstall the software, restart my computer, then restore from a backup (my budget was lost, again).
  • craigks
    craigks Member
    To fix the problem, I did the following:
    Went to :https://www.quicken.com/
    Clicked on: Sign in > My Account
    Clicked on “Sign Out”, next to “Sign out of all devices”.
    I waited 15 minutes.
    Then I started Quicken on my Windows 10 PC.
    Signed on to my Quicken to open my PC data file.
    When I tried to do a “One Step” update, it gave me the
    “Enter Quicken ID Password”, screen. At first it was blank,
    but in about 5 seconds it asked me for my userid and password.
    Everything was fine after that.
  • utah11
    utah11 Member ✭✭
    Another possible solution: If you are using a VPN, disable it temporarily, then open Quicken & try One-Step Update. I also found that my VPN blocked the Quicken user web page (just a blank screen). Disabling the VPN and refreshing the page solved the issue.
This discussion has been closed.