Home Quicken Mobile Errors and Troubleshooting (Mobile)

How do I get rid of blue dots on previously downloaded transactions on my desktop caused by syncing.

1. Only happens on credit card transactions on desktop after viewing data on a mobile app.
2. I am required to reenter on the desktop the budget categories and memos previously entered on the desktop before viewing data on mobile app. Painful waste of time.
3. I asked for a solution to this problem previously and did not get any solutions.
4. Is this a bug that is being worked on.
5. I solved it by not syncing any credit cards to the cloud.

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note I'm only answering your question in the title, I have no insight on the mobile problems.

Click on one of the blue dots, and select "Mark all as reviewed"

Note you should do this only after you have already reviewed/made sure they are correct.  Also another way to mark the transactions reviewed is by reconciling the account.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Ben12Ben12 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I know how to get rid of the blue dots. I still need answers about how to get rid of the problem of syncing with the mobile apps.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited September 18
    Hello @Ben12

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not reicved a follow-up response.

I would start by saving a backup. This can found under File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File.

I would next, reset the Quicken cloud.

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts.

Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen.
    Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 

The reset may take several minutes to complete. When it is finished, I would try syncing once more and see if this has any impact on the issue or if you receive any error messages.

Please let me know the results!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • Ben12Ben12 Member ✭✭
    This is the second time I posted this issue. Tried all the stuff you suggest the last time I got suggestions. Do you know if the update of Quicken I downloaded this morning addressed this problem. It included fixing errors with syncing with the cloud.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Ben12

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

The fix regarding cloud sync is very broad, unfortunately.

Improvement
    : Cloud synchronization has improved error handling and transaction processing

I was unable to locate any specific bug reports regarding blue dots on credit card accounts or missing information.

I was able to locate your previous discussion and I do not see any troubleshooting steps that were offered or discussed in the previous post. I have included a link to it below for reference.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878410/why-do-i-get-blue-dots-on-transactions-on-credit-cards-that-have-previously-been-downloaded#latest

To be able to get the most accurate answer for you, additional troubleshooting would need to be completed to determine the root cause of the issue that you are experiencing.

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • Ben12Ben12 Member ✭✭
    Thanks maybe I got the instructions from the FAQ for the mobile troubleshooting. I will try again.