sync odd behavior every time

When I close Quicken for Windows (2020, R28.28, 27.1.28.28) it syncs, asking me to approve that some accounts will not sync. I click the remember or don't ask again box and continue. The sync seems to partially happen and then it goes back to Quicken, instead of closing. I close Quicken again. It syncs again, fully this time and closes Quicken.
Every time I use Quicken, the same double sync and close is required. And it does not remember my check box about some accounts that won't sync because they don't have online connection (or something like that).

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @haguealan

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

What you have described sounds like a crash. I would next recommend uninstalling and reinstalling using the steps available here.

Please let me know if this improves this "crashing" behavior as well as the initial issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Hello @haguealan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since your issue is related to syncing with the Quicken Cloud, do you happen to use the Mobile and/or Web apps at all?

If you do, then I suggest you try to reset your cloud data by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows is ON and click on Reset your cloud data (see below)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

If you don't use the Mobile and Web apps, then you can simply follow the same steps from above except you would just switch the sync button to OFF instead of resetting. The reason being is that the only purpose syncing to the cloud serves is to be able to access your data from the two companion apps.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any additional questions!
    -Quicken Anja
  • haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    Now that I did this, Quicken never asks me to sync when I exit
  • haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    And when I manually sync, it still warns me about the transactions that won't sync even though I check the box to stop reminding me.
  • Thank you for your response.

Please, check in the Mobile & Web dropdown menu and see if the option for Remind me to sync to Quicken Cloud on Exit is checked.

Check back and let us know, thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    It is checked
  • Hello @haguealan

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. One thing  I would like to attempt to try to see if we still have the same issue by copying and validating the file. The article down below will have steps on how to do so. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

The step we'll be looking at will be the fourth step. Once we do this could you see if you're still having the same issue. If you are let us know and we'll attempt some more troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    The validate showed no problems.
    The option is checked and when I exit it does not ask about cloud upload. It just exits. I can do the manual cloud upload though.
  • @haguealan

Thanks for the update. I have another idea potentially here. If you could turn off the selected setting. We're going to turn it on through resetting the warnings to see if we're able to get it back up. To do this we'll go across the top to edit > Preferences > alerts & messages. The will be a button that says reset quicken warnings. We're going to want to hit that and it'll give us back base settings for reminders. This will include the mobile sync during close reminder.  Here's a photo of the screen under alerts and messages as well.

Once you've given this a try see if we're able to get the alert to pop up. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    I did that and it had no effect
  • haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    When I sync manually, it warns every time about the transactions that will not be synced, even though I have the box checked to stop warning me.
    Then after syncing, it closes Quicken without asking.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @haguealan

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

I have additional questions to help further isolate the issue.

Can you please confirm the default location of your data file?

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows

Also, does the file name contain any spaces? Approximately how many characters is the file name?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    That is an interesting thought!
    I keep my Quicken file in my OneDrive folder so it is always backed up. Might that be a problem?
  • haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    I was wrong!
    I keep it at D:\Data\Quicken99\Alan\alan_qdata.QDF
    I back it up to Dropbox
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @haguealan

Thank you for the response and for confirming the location of the data file.

Next, please open Quicken and navigate to Mobile & Web and locate the section that is labeled "Accounts Enabled on Mobile and Web."

Then choose the gear icon shown below and choose "Account Settings."

Please uncheck any Loan accounts for sync, these account types are unsupported and responsible for the message.

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • haguealan
    haguealan Member ✭✭
    I removed several cards like rewards cards. I had no loan accounts. Same behavior. When I close Quicken it just closes. When I open Quicken and do a cloud sync, it warns me about scheduled transactions, syncs and then closes Quicken! Seems odd. You can see in picture I have the check boxes checked. But also, when I manually sync, why would Quicken close after?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @haguealan

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

What you have described sounds like a crash. I would next recommend uninstalling and reinstalling using the steps available here.

Please let me know if this improves this "crashing" behavior as well as the initial issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.