Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to create a report that shows investment security types?

BK
BK Member ✭✭✭✭
This is not an issue but just a water cooler question for the experts - for a personal experimental project.  Is there a way to create a Report that shows and focuses solely on the "Security Types" in my portfolio (similar to the Investment Asset Allocation report)?  So that the result summary is something like:
Investment Security Type - As of Date
  • Mutual Fund: $, %
  • Stock: $, %
  • Bond: $, %
  • etc etc
  • Total: $$$, 100%
Thank you.

- Q Win Deluxe user since 2010, US Subs R32.12
- I don't use Sync, Cloud, Mobile, Web, Bill Pay/Mgr, Tax
- Techie, Win10 Pro x64 20H2

Best Answer

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sherlock , FWIW letting you know that I found a closer solution.  Attached image should explain it.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Quicken for Windows, we may select Security Type in the Subtotal by: pull-down menu in many of the investment reports or filter the reports by excluding specific security types (press Alt + C and select the Security Types tab).  I think the closest you may get to the report you described is achieved using the Portfolio Value report.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Sherlock
    What you suggested is what I am currently doing by filtering the Security Type and exporting the data one at a time and combining the results into a spreadsheet to arrive at the visual analysis that I am seeking (including generating the graph).  It would've been better if I could see that real time data and with much less effort in a Quicken Report format.  I figured this was not doable but was hoping that I may have overlooked something - never hurts to ask.  As always I appreciate your time and input. -Best, BK
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sherlock , FWIW letting you know that I found a closer solution.  Attached image should explain it.