Integration of Banks in the Jackson, MS Area

Long time user here. Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I've recently relocated to the Jackson, MS area and wondering which banks in the area are best integrated with Quicken. Is there any resource from Quicken which lists which banks are integrated? Are there any of you who are in the area that could share their experience? I have experience with one bank, but they have a lackluster implementation and I'd like to find a satisfactory experience without having to open an account at each bank and test each with Quicken. Our bank of 25 years in the Memphis, TN was quite well integrated and I'd like to continue that experience. Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @Cris Williams,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I'm not located in the Jackson, MS area but I wanted to provide you with a list of Supported Banks in Quicken until a fellow Community chimes in.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • Cris Williams
    Cris Williams Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Julio said:
    > Hi @Cris Williams,
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.
    >
    > I'm not located in the Jackson, MS area but I wanted to provide you with a list of Supported Banks in Quicken until a fellow Community chimes in.
    >
    > Please feel free to respond to this thread with any
    > additional questions or concerns.

Thanks, Julio. I did see that list earlier, but noticed it hasn't been updated since March 2019. When will Quicken be updating that list?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    A more detailed list of Supported Banks is in the fidir.txt file.  This file is located on my hard drive at C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019\fidir.txt but it might have a different path in your system.
    After you open this file you can do a CTRL+F to search for the names of the banks in your area to see if they support Quicken.  If the bank does show up in the file:
    • At a minimum you will want a bank that has BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT in the line which will provide data download only via EWC.
    • A better option would be one that includes DIRECT in the line which means that it provides DC service. 
    • Those with PAYMENT&DIRECT in the line support DC bill pay.  This is a really great service because it allows you to transfer funds between bank accounts and to set up bill pays directly with the bank from the account register in Quicken.
    • Note that some banks (not all) charge a monthly fee for Direct Connect so you will need to check with the bank about this.
    For what it's worth, I did a Google search for banks in Jackson and noticed that there are quite a few Regions Bank branches there.  I used to bank with Regions here in TX until about 8 yrs ago when they closed the local branch.  At that time they offered PAYMENT&DIRECT for free (I like free!) and my recollection is that Regions worked quite well with Quicken.  They still offer PAYMENT&DIRECT and it looks like they do not charge a monthly fee for this but you'll want to confirm that with them if Regions interests you.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • Cris Williams
    Cris Williams Member ✭✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > A more detailed list of Supported Banks is in the fidir.txt file.  This file is located on my hard drive at
    > C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019\fidir.txt but
    > it might have a different path in your system.After you open this file you can do
    > a CTRL+F to search for the names of the banks in your area to see if
    > they support Quicken.  If the bank does show up in the file:*
    > At a minimum you will want a bank that has
    > BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT in the line which will provide
    > data download only via EWC.
    > * A better option would be one that
    > includes DIRECT in the line which means that it provides DC service. 
    >
    > * Those with PAYMENT&DIRECT in the line support DC bill pay.  This is a really great service because it allows you to transfer funds between bank accounts and to set up bill pays directly with the bank from the account register in Quicken.
    >
    > * Note that some banks (not all) charge a monthly fee for Direct Connect so you will need to check with the bank about this.
    >
    > For
    > what it's worth, I did a Google search for banks in Jackson and noticed
    > that there are quite a few Regions Bank branches there.  I used to bank
    > with Regions here in TX until about 8 yrs ago when they closed the
    > local branch.  At that time they offered PAYMENT&DIRECT for free
    > (I like free!) and my recollection is that Regions worked quite well
    > with Quicken.  They still offer PAYMENT&DIRECT and it looks like
    > they do not charge a monthly fee for this but you'll want to confirm
    > that with them if Regions interests you.

Odd. That file is non-existent on my computer.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > A more detailed list of Supported Banks is in the fidir.txt file.  This file is located on my hard drive at
    > C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019\fidir.txt but
    > it might have a different path in your system.After you open this file you can do
    > a CTRL+F to search for the names of the banks in your area to see if
    > they support Quicken.  If the bank does show up in the file:*
    > At a minimum you will want a bank that has
    > BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT in the line which will provide
    > data download only via EWC.
    > * A better option would be one that
    > includes DIRECT in the line which means that it provides DC service. 
    >
    > * Those with PAYMENT&DIRECT in the line support DC bill pay.  This is a really great service because it allows you to transfer funds between bank accounts and to set up bill pays directly with the bank from the account register in Quicken.
    >
    > * Note that some banks (not all) charge a monthly fee for Direct Connect so you will need to check with the bank about this.
    >
    > For
    > what it's worth, I did a Google search for banks in Jackson and noticed
    > that there are quite a few Regions Bank branches there.  I used to bank
    > with Regions here in TX until about 8 yrs ago when they closed the
    > local branch.  At that time they offered PAYMENT&DIRECT for free
    > (I like free!) and my recollection is that Regions worked quite well
    > with Quicken.  They still offer PAYMENT&DIRECT and it looks like
    > they do not charge a monthly fee for this but you'll want to confirm
    > that with them if Regions interests you.

Odd. That file is non-existent on my computer.
    The path for it that I listed is where it is saved in my new laptop.  The path for it in my old laptop is different so it is probably different on your computer, too.  Try using Windows Explorer to search for it under the C-drive.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    It MIGHT also be a Hidden file ... so turn on the option to look for those also.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP