Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

BUGSPLAT error when re-activating online setup for TD Ameritrade brokerage account

I recently began receiving an error when downloading investment transactions from TD Ameritrade. Generally, deactivating the online setup and re-activating resolves these issues. However, this time Quicken crashes each time I attempt to re-activate my online setup and link it to the existing account in Quicken. At the point where I set the correct linkage to an existing account and click "Next", I get a BUGSPLAT message indicating that "A problem has caused your program to close." and gives me the option to report the error by providing my name and email. I've tried multiple time and get the same issue.

I've also de-activated and re-activated a different (non-TD Ameritrade account) account successfully, so the issue seems specific to this account.

Lastly, I created a completely new Quicken file and tried to set up my TD Ameritrade account in the new file and it was able to download all my transactions. Of course the difference here is that I was not linking it to an existing account but rather downloading all transactions into a new account.

Anyone else having any issues with connecting to TD Ameritrade or have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

I am running Quicken Premier, year 2020, version R29.9, build 27.1.29.9 on a Microsoft Surface.

Best Answer

• Ryan Darling
    Ryan Darling Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer
    Prior to your reply, I successfully restored a backup from about a week ago and now everything is working fine. Nevertheless, I did go back to the problematic file to check if the file validation resolves the issue and it did not. The log file showed a few corrections but had not actions for me. After attempting to re-connect my account in the newly validated file, I still received the BUGSPLAT window. I did send it in, so hopefully that's helpful to someone.

I'm reminded once again about the importance of regular backups :-)

Thanks.

Answers

• Hello @Ryan Darling

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd you're having issue with just your main file. If you wouldn't mind lets see if we're able to try to copy and validate the file to see if that might help us a bit. I'll post a link down below with the steps on how to do so. The steps we'll be looking for will be the fourth ones down.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you have a chance try this and see if we're able to reactive your TD ameritrade accounts. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ryan Darling
    Ryan Darling Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer
    Prior to your reply, I successfully restored a backup from about a week ago and now everything is working fine. Nevertheless, I did go back to the problematic file to check if the file validation resolves the issue and it did not. The log file showed a few corrections but had not actions for me. After attempting to re-connect my account in the newly validated file, I still received the BUGSPLAT window. I did send it in, so hopefully that's helpful to someone.

I'm reminded once again about the importance of regular backups :-)

Thanks.
  • @Ryan Darling

Awesome to hear you were able to get it working with a backup! Thank you for sending the bugsplat error as well as that can help us track down some crashing errors more easily. If you do run into anymore issues please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.