Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Password Not Required or Stored

Version 29.9. In update manager some passwords are listed as not required and some as stored. Anyone no why the 'stored' passwords have not been updated as 'not required?' Thanks.

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passwords used for the Direct Connect connection method are required to be maintained in the Password Vault.  The passwords used for the Express Web Connect connection method are maintained in the aggregation server and are no longer also being maintained in the Password Vault.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • In the explanation it states that if my account's password shows "Not Required" and I change my password that the next time I use One Step, I'll be prompted to change my pass word. I just changed one my account's password on the bank's web site. I then tried updating the account thru One Step. The icon associated with the account partially spins and then the update flashes off and I am not prompted to enter my new password. Is there a step I'm missing?
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the explanation it states that if my account's password shows "Not Required" and I change my password that the next time I use One Step, I'll be prompted to change my pass word. I just changed one my account's password on the bank's web site. I then tried updating the account thru One Step. The icon associated with the account partially spins and then the update flashes off and I am not prompted to enter my new password. Is there a step I'm missing?
    The requirement to provide the new password to Quicken immediately depends on the specific financial institution. 

If you haven't already, I suggest performing an Update Now:  open the register, and  press Ctrl + Alt + U

If the issue persists, I suggest performing a Reset Account: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select the Online Services tab and Reset Account

If the issue still persists, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution, when you setup the Online Services, Quicken should provide a list of all of the accounts it obtained from the financial institution.  Be careful to link each account to the appropriate existing register.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10