OL-362-A with multiple accounts

Hello - I've been using Direct Connect on accounts with both Vanguard and BNY Pershing for a while. Vanguard has been exhibiting the below problem for a few months, but it recently also started happening with BNY Pershing.
Problem: I do a one-step update, and get an error (OL-362-A) that says "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that doesn't exist in your data file."
I've followed the recommended steps from Quicken:
- Deactivate online services for the account
- I take the additional step of deleting the financial institution and account number for the account
- Add the account online - I am able to log in and all accounts show correctly
- Link the online accounts to my existing accounts in Quicken
- Transactions download, and I don't even get duplicates

However, this only works until the next time I update, and it happens again. This seems to be a daily occurrence. Has anyone figured out how to fix it?

Thanks

Answers

• Hello @Katie Poteat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please, review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-362.

If this does not resolve this issue for you, then we'd recommend reaching out to Quicken Support instead for further assistance so our support agent can collect and review your log files.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭
    I was having the same problem with Fidelity and Schwab. Started just this past week. I tried the deactivate/active and refresh/rebrand steps. No change. Then I installed R29.12 and it all cleared up. Don't really know what the problem was?
  • Katie Poteat
    Katie Poteat Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Same with me, it just started working again. I did reach out to Quicken support. [removed-disruptive]
  • rjapikse
    rjapikse Member
    My accounts worked fine until I added a new account at one of my financial institutions. Now I get OL-362-A error that another financial institution has "downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data".
    I went through the various options suggested in other posts (deactivating then reactivating, and going to account contacts with control shift to reset the institution) with no luck. I add a Merrill Lynch account and my Fidelity accounts got the error. If I one by one fix my Fidelity accounts, then the Merrill accounts get the error.
    I used to be able to add an account with no problem. That is no longer the case.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Hello @rjapikse,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please, review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-362.

Should that fail, then I recommend that you create a copy of your data file by following the instructions provided below in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New copy and click OK  

Once the newly copied file opens, try again to see if the issue persists or resolves. 

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • rjapikse
    rjapikse Member
    I went through the prior steps that I have tried before again to verify. This did not work. When I deactivate and then reactivate, the account that is reactivated works, but then the other accounts get the error. When I do the same for the newly generated error, that account works and the other accounts then fail. It appears to not like to work with different brokerage institutions at the same time.
    I did the file operations - copy - open new copy and there is no difference. I still have accounts that give this error and it still breaks other accounts if I try to fix them individually.
    is there a way to go back to a prior version? it seems this did not happen prior to recent updates.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you the additional information.

Yes, if you would like to revert back to a prior version, you can download and install prior versions from this link.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • rjapikse
    rjapikse Member
    Thanks. How do I install the earlier versions? I download and try to open one of the files, and nothing happens. Do I have to completely uninstall Quicken to go back to a prior version?
  • Quicken Anja
    You won't need to uninstall, no. Although, it might help to have Quicken closed while you try to open and run the downloaded file. If it does not open after downloading, I suggest navigating to your downloads folder and opening it from directly within the folder.
    -Quicken Anja
  • rjapikse
    rjapikse Member
    thanks. It seems it does something even though it appears not to. I made a test file and kept going back in versions until the brokerage accounts downloaded with no issue. Even after running a very old version exe file, Quicken still showed the current revision in the about section, but must have been the older version as I was able to get my accounts updated, and it said there was a Quicken update. So bottom line, I am working. I just hope this issue gets resolved so that the next time I add an account, I do not have to go back to an old version to be able to do so.
  • cavery
    cavery Member
    I am having the same issue, however, it is clear what created this problem for me. I very recently added a series of investment account for William Blair (My William Blair). The William Blair transactions are downloaded from their website vs. the Direct Connect method for all of my other investment accounts (the usual suspects - Vanguard, Schwab, Fidelity, Citi, etc.). When I update the William Blair accounts via their website, all of my other investment accounts return the error message OL-362-A.
  • I am now having the same issue.. it occured last months and i re establish connection to all the investment banks and it worked. the issue is back since last few days. i do not have the energy to de-activate/reactivate again all the impacted accounts... there must be a better way to do this... it seems to be impacting only investments accounts
  • I have the same problem with TD and Vanguard. I've already deactivated and reactivated alll the problem accounts and the issue resurfaced right away. Now what?
  • I checked another file that downloaded fine on Saturday but now it's doing the same as my prior post: TD and Vanguard showing 362-A errors???
  • Jay Kidd
    Jay Kidd Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with TD Ameritrade, Wells Fargo, and UBS. The most recently 'reconnected' account works, but that breaks the others with a OL-362. I contacted Quicken support and they were not aware of this issue, but it sounds like it is happening broadly. THey suggested creating new accounts for all of my investment accounts, but that results in years of lost data. Not a good answer.
  • Jay Kidd
    Jay Kidd Member ✭✭
    I should have provided this info: I am on Windows version R29.22. Running latest Windows 10.
    1. I have learned that the OL-362A error is triggered by downloading more than one brokerage account with different logins from TD Ameritrade advisor client.
    2. Once the error occurs it affects ALL investment accounts from all banks.
    3. Closing the file and reopening (and reauthorizing) clears the error.
    4. Selectively reducing the accounts updated in on-step update eliminates the error. To get all accounts updated requires several update runs, each one with only one of the TD Ameritrade accounts selected.
  • Jay Kidd
    Jay Kidd Member ✭✭
    I have also tried creating a brand new Quicken file and I am able to add multiple TD Ameritrade advisor client accounts and successfully run updates.
  • I narrowed down the issue to TDAmeritrade. if i disconnect it, all other investment accounts update ok with no error. if i include TD in the mix, several of my inv accts throw this error.
  • Jay Kidd
    Jay Kidd Member ✭✭
    I had put some future transfer transactions into my TD account in the Quicken file. When I removed those, the problem went away and I can update all of my TD accounts without error. I tried creating future transactions in my test file with 3 TD accounts but the OL 362 error did not occur. I am concluding the symptoms are gone, but the root cause remains a mystery.
  • Hi, I have this error for Fidelity. on window version R30.10 anyone have any luck to fix this
This discussion has been closed.