Why are Check Pay transactions taking over 2-weeks to process?

I have three Check Pay transactions that were initiated on September 7th. Quicken states it will take 4-5 days. Now, at day-14, one of the billers had sent me a past due email with late charges.

Answers

• Yes. I have had the same problem. Had two check pay transactions take two weeks and got past due notices from the biller. I don't trust check pay to work anymore and have reverted to mailing the payment myself for payees that are not set up with quickpay.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems to indicate that your check was not mailed, lost in the mail or not correctly processed by the biller.

Please contact  Quicken Support on the phone or chat during posted hours of operation

to have that looked into.

Note: Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat to function

• Vandolay
    Vandolay Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I can understand an isolated check not mailed/lost/delayed by the biller. The bigger question is this has happened to all three "Check-Pays" issued by me on the same day (Sept-7th). To me, it points to the Checks may not have printed by Quicken. The Status inquiry on more recent "Chek-Pays" shows Printed/Delivered to USPS. Those older ones did not have any such status.

Also, on the oldest transaction, I did make a "Chat" inquiry. The agent looked at the status inquiry and told me to telephone Support to get someone more advanced at solving problems!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Vandolay said:
    The bigger question is this has happened to all three "Check-Pays" issued by me on the same day (Sept-7th). 
    Since you did not receive the normal status update it's pretty clear that these payments will not be completed.  So, the answer may lie in how the payment were initiated.  Did you use the B&I tab or did you use the payment account register?  Were these immediate payments or were they scheduled?  Did you get the check number and written check image in the register transaction display?  A few more details may assist in determining why these particular requests failed.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Vandolay
    Vandolay Member ✭✭
    One of the three payments completed 09/18 last Friday. The payments were made by creating a new Manual Payment on the Billing & Income page. The payments were immediate, and were issued check numbers in sequence in the Check register.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Vandolay

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message requesting some more information to investigate this issue further.

Please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for that information.  Obviously, the problem is that there is no real way to determine what happened while the check was in transit with USPS.
    I don't have a recent check pay to verify this but I noticed that for my older payments, the status no longer displays as Delivered to USPS.  Instead it just provides an estimated delivery date, a payment date and an initiation date.  What does the register status show for these 3 payments? 
    Also, for the completed payment, can you view a copy of the check through your bank to verify dates the check was printed and deposited?  Any chance a receipt date was added by the biller?  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Vandolay
    Vandolay Member ✭✭
    Check Copy from Wells Fargo is attached.
    Check Register= 09/07
    Check Print Date= 09/08
    Check Posted to Wells Fargo=09/18
    Biller shows Account Balance @ 0.00 (No Receipt Date)