Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

How do I eliminate the notice in Bills & Income "Needs Attention" and then lists a payee?

I can not get rid of the warning in Bills & Income that states "Needs Attention". This occurred after recent update.

Answers

• Quicken DianaQuicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod

Hello @ beasleye 

Thank you posting in the Community, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with Bill Manager.

It would be helpful to post a screenshot of the message “needs attention” so that I can identify exactly what the message is referencing. You made mention of a listed payee in the title of your post, it sounds like the message is specific to one payee, which I am expecting.

With more specific detail and a screenshot I should be able to take a look at your online profile and identify any issues with specific online payees.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• Smokey JoeSmokey Joe Member ✭✭
    I have to second this report. I am getting many reminders in my Windows 2020 that are bogus. Reminders are appearing for very past and very future bills and income even after I have set them to "0" days. The next day when I start Quicken they reappear.
  • beasleyebeasleye Member
    For security purposes I can not give you a screen shot, but it involves 3 different payees and the dates of the "needs attention" are all different, 8/5/2020, 10/17/2020, and 12/19/19. I also have the problem of after updating and pulling transactions from my bank, they do not appear at the bottom of the register anymore. All these problems occurred after recent Quicken update.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @beasleye

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • John LewisJohn Lewis Member ✭✭
    Here is a screenshot you requested from the previous customer. I see no way to get rid of this message. The pull-down menu on the right gives you 3 choices... "Refresh bill, "Link to reminder," and "Go to biller website." That's it... no "Ignore" or "Delete." I've removed all linkages and reminders for AAA. I just want this "NEEDS ATTENTION" alert to go away. How do I kill it?
  • jrich75jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The only way I've been able to do it is to delete the Online Bill.  From the Bills & Income tab gear, Manage Online Bills, you should be able to remove AAA  as a biller.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Premier Subscription thru 2020
  • John LewisJohn Lewis Member ✭✭
    > @jrich75 said:
    > The only way I've been able to do it is to delete the Online Bill. 
    > From the Bills & Income tab gear, Manage Online Bills,
    > you should be able to remove AAA  as a biller.

Thanks. That worked. That small gear icon was the only place where this was listed. It wasn't under "Bills" or "Manage Bills & Income Reminders", just that one inconspicuous spot. Wow.

Quicken... this might be nit-picking, but can you just add the "Remove" option to the pull-down (next to the item itself) in some future release?
  • beasleyebeasleye Member
    Tried deleting the accounts and then restarting the program. Still shows the "Needs Attention" of the 2 deleted accounts. Re-installed them and message still remains. Will have to try and contact technician at Quicken. Ugh.