Need support for multiple accounts for a single vendor

I suggest that you expand the drop-down list to include the account number so we can tell them apart. Another method would be to display the details of each selection in a separate popup window each time you hover the cursor over a selection.

I have cases where I have multiple accounts with the same vendor, and I remit payment to the same remit address. The only difference in payments is the account number. The new Bill Pay Manager does not let me maintain multiple entries for the same vendor name with different accounts. This was a feature that was available with the old Quicken Bill Pay service and needs to be added to the new Bill Pay Manager.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jfowler007
    jfowler007 Member ✭✭
    After further research I see that I can create multiple entries for the same vendor with different account numbers. However, the problem now is that I can't distinguish between them from the drop down list in the Quicken register. So I have to select them one-by-one to see which one is appropriate.

I suggest that you expand the drop down list to include the account number so we can tell them apart. Another method would be to display the details of each selection in a separate popup window each time you hover the cursor over a selection.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jfowler007

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you are having trouble distinguishing the vendor names.

I have changed this post to an Idea post so that others may vote to you expand the drop-down list to include the account numbers.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • smutschler
    smutschler Member ✭✭
    If I understand your request, you are unable to distinguish payments (for different accounts) that you have set up for the same vendor. There is a way.

First, your payment should be set up in the Online Payees list. You probably already know that when you create a Payee in this list, you associate the appropriate account number. But you should ALSO enter a nickname in the "Description" field. This adds the nickname to the end of the vendor name, enclosed in brackets, e.g. "{desc}", where ever this payment is used (even in your register entries, which is very useful as well).

If you enter "66th St" in the Description field, say for a Payee named "Acme Inc.", the Payee drop down list (for online payments) will show this item as "Acme Inc.{66th St}".

This feature indeed can be used to distinguish ndifferent accounts with the same vendor.
  • jfowler007
    jfowler007 Member ✭✭
    I am talking about check pay vendors that I access directly from the account register. I don't see any option to include a nickname for check pay vendors set up directly from the register.

These are vendors who send invoices at irregular times a couple of times a year. They are no suitable to be set up as online billers because there is no regular billing cycle.