Why have my file load times increased from a few seconds to over 30 seconds?

I have 2 files that I frequently work with and both files have recently begun to load V_E_R_Y_ _ S_L_O_W_L_Y. Why ?
I am using Quicken Premier 2018, Version R26.28, build 27.1.28.28.

Answers

• Just a thought, but could your AntiVirus security program be working in the background? Is everything on your computer slowing down?
  • peter
    peter Member ✭✭
    The file loading problem continues. I am using Windows 10, and the included security software, and doing so for the past 8 months. The problem with my Quicken Premier 2018, Build 27.1.28.28 has begun only this week.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter
    Sorry to hear that you software has begun to load files slowly. Please work through each step of this article to see if this helps you. Is is also possible that your OS/ISP/firewall/VPN/Cloud service and/or anti-virus program(s) have updated or changed and could possibly be slowing down the Quicken software.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    It's possible Quicken is trying to update to the latest version and the added time spent opening is the time waiting on the process that is preventing it from updating.

Update to the latest version and see if the open returns to normal.  If it has been a while since you have done a clean install, you might also try that.