First American Bank

Have a Health Services Account (HSA) through First American Bank. Months ago I was able to link my account in Quicken without any issues. As of September 23, First American Bank went to a new web portal for their HSAs requiring new login/password which I did. I am not able to link that account. Quicken keeps asking me if the name and password are correct (which they are). Anyone having same issue or know of solution?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    @GIWalt  I'm not sure why you're asking for updates from someone at Quicken, when several posts above in this thread, a user posted a letter from First American from late October saying that they weren't supporting Quicken and didn't know if or when they would be. You need to pursue this issue with them, as they are the only ones who can change the status quo. Quicken can't do anything on their own without the financial institution signing on and agreeing to allow Quicken access.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi, GIWait:

Since today is 9/23, it might be that the Quicken's backend has to be updated to support First American Bank's new website. Keep in mind that, depending on what changes were made, your health savings account (HSA) might no longer support downloading to Quicken. (Not all banks do.)

Give it a few days to see if it resolves itself. If it does not, then I would reach out to Quicken Support for assistance regarding this.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    So today, when I try to login with the new account a get so far as to be asked to type in the letters and numbers that appear on screen. I do so and then and told my login or password are incorrect (they are not). To the request to type the letters and numbers is new from yesterday but still unable to successful link the account.
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    when will this be resolved https://firstambankparticipant.lh1ondemand.com/ is the new web address that needs to be added for hsa accounts
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Presumably Quicken is working on this.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    From First American Bank on 9/25/2020: "At this time, the new platform is not supported on Quicken. We are actively looking to make these changes but currently do not have an ETA on when it will be available."
  • John_in_NC
    Thanks for the update. It sounds like you will be manually entering transactions for the unforeseeable future. Manually entry isn't hard-that is how I handle my HSA (both cash/investment side) as there isn't a lot of activity in it. 
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    If I wanted to manually enter transactions I would not pay quicken $80 per year
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Fair point but First American did change their web portal last week (September 23) and have said they are working on this. I am prepared to give them a couple of weeks to sort it out with Quicken before drawing any long-term conclusions.
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    to fix it quicken just needs to add an option for HSA login for first American IL
    link it to
    https://firstambankparticipant.lh1ondemand.com/
    fixed
  • John_in_NC
    edited September 2020
    gjwhelan said:
    to fix it quicken just needs to add an option for HSA login for first American IL
    link it to
    https://firstambankparticipant.lh1ondemand.com/
    fixed
    Thanks. But, keep in mind this might be more than a matter of Quicken updating a link. (That isn't really how it accesses accounts behind the scenes.)

A bank has to contractually allow Quicken to access their servers-and therein lies the rub: Some banks decide to no longer support 3rd Party (Quicken) access. 

First American might simply be a case of a changed website (usually a service provider change) that causes a temporary outage. Or, FA management might have said no more Quicken support (for whatever reason.)

Quicken would love to provide service to every bank, but they are limited by what each bank allows.

I wish you luck in getting this resolved.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    See my post from September 25 above quoting First American stating they were working on this. Maybe it’s just lip service but I will give them a little mire time.
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    any progress on this issue
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Nothing that I have seen or been able to access.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    The issue is that First American moved their HSA accounts to a new platform. The "old" URL is fine for accounts other than HSA accounts. It no longer works for HSA accounts. I suspect a new listing will be required in Quicken for the hSA accounts if this is to be fixed. The new HSA link is:https://firstambankparticipant.lh1ondemand.com/

But the current URL for other First American accounts is fine.
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    Response I got back from first American, I will be moving my account soon

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email.

As of right now you cannot access your account through Quicken. Currently we do not have a time frame on when or if this function will be added in the further. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,

Cassie D.

First American Bank Health Account Services
    PO BOX 2843| Fargo, ND 58108-2843
    Phone: 866-449-1150
    Fax: (833) 950-1240
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    still no progress?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Any updates on First American Bank?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Quicken team, how about an update here? Going on 2 months to correct it? Really?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Any update Quicken team?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    @GIWalt  I'm not sure why you're asking for updates from someone at Quicken, when several posts above in this thread, a user posted a letter from First American from late October saying that they weren't supporting Quicken and didn't know if or when they would be. You need to pursue this issue with them, as they are the only ones who can change the status quo. Quicken can't do anything on their own without the financial institution signing on and agreeing to allow Quicken access.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Yes, but I have reached out to First American and have also been told by FA that the issue is on Quicken's end. At one point, Quicken and FA were pointing fingers (figuratively speaking) at each other. So, I am just not sure (a) where the fault is and (b) if anyone is doing anything about it. Depends on who you talk to...