My membership has expired and I can no longer see my local data.

I only use the quicken for my local checking and savings register. I don't use the online features to connect to my bank, etc. When my subscription recently expired i can only see transactions that I entered before I subscribed. Where has all my recent data gone!!! Do I have to pay $50 to see my data again? I thought there was a "Data Guarantee"!

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Twelch,

Were you using the Starter edition?  If so, I am afraid that when your stopped your subscription, the file became "read only".

If you were using any higher level version, you should be able to continue using Quicken "manually" albeit with some Quicken advertising taking up part of your screen.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Twelch
    Twelch Member
    Thanks Frankx. How do I tell if i had the starter version?
  • Twelch
    Twelch Member
    BTW, if it were read-only, wouldn't I be able to see the transactions I entered just a few days ago? Seems like it is No-read only. :) at the moment.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Right, you should still see the data in the Starter Edition.  So that's not it.  Go to Help-about and post your version info.

Could be a couple diff things. Maybe you have your register sorted by something other than date. Click the DATE column heading to sort by date. Or maybe the register is filtered. Or maybe you opened an old backup copy instead of your current file. 

If you don't renew a subscription about 25% of your screen will be taken up with a reminder to renew.  See,

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-data-access-guarantee