Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CC-503 Error after R29.12 Update [edited]

Judyrb
Judyrb Member
CC-503 during one-step update for Schwab Bank. I get 6 position numeric code to enter, but the screen there for months disappeared. Without the 2-factor authentication, Quicken cannot log in to Schwab Bank and thus gets Cc-503. It then attempts to "fix it" and is "Successful", but no transactions download. This process repeats. Confirmed with Schwab they made no changes. But Quicken's new 29.12 version (installed 9/23/20) eliminated the screen for entereing the security code, thus iti will NEVER be able to log in and download transactions unless I disable this security. It worked successfully for the 6 months I have had this authentication method and Quicken had no problem downloading transactions.

Best Answers

• Judyrb
    Judyrb Member
    Accepted Answer
    Anja, Good news! First, your solution was correct though I backed into it. In the Account Bar there was a red circle with horizontal line icon (undocumented in Quicken Help) beside the account. (With Quicken support, multiple backup restores had occurred previously. I saw CC-800 message before that circle appeared on that account).

9/28 - Clicked on Schwab Investor account.
    • It presented me with the One step update activation screen on which I had to enter the user name and password and the bottom right said Connect.
    • It then presented the Security screen!! That allowed me to get the code from my phone and enter it. (first time EVER!!)
    • It presented the screen with the Schwab Bank, found one account and the choice to Link to Existing account, which I did correctly.
    • Next screen said it was downloading <270 days of transactions.
    • Download occurred for 2+ months of transaction, accepted all and deleted extras.
    • So the reactivation worked. Would a normal one step update present the security screen? Wait till next day
    9/29 – One step update worked fine. Security screen presented correctly. No tx to download
    9/30 – One step update worked fine. Security screen presented correctly. One tx downloaded
    Thanks!!

Answers

• Judyrb
    Judyrb Member
    Accepted Answer
    Anja, Good news! First, your solution was correct though I backed into it. In the Account Bar there was a red circle with horizontal line icon (undocumented in Quicken Help) beside the account. (With Quicken support, multiple backup restores had occurred previously. I saw CC-800 message before that circle appeared on that account).

9/28 - Clicked on Schwab Investor account.
    • It presented me with the One step update activation screen on which I had to enter the user name and password and the bottom right said Connect.
    • It then presented the Security screen!! That allowed me to get the code from my phone and enter it. (first time EVER!!)
    • It presented the screen with the Schwab Bank, found one account and the choice to Link to Existing account, which I did correctly.
    • Next screen said it was downloading <270 days of transactions.
    • Download occurred for 2+ months of transaction, accepted all and deleted extras.
    • So the reactivation worked. Would a normal one step update present the security screen? Wait till next day
    9/29 – One step update worked fine. Security screen presented correctly. No tx to download
    9/30 – One step update worked fine. Security screen presented correctly. One tx downloaded
    Thanks!!
  • Perfect, and you're very welcome!

Thanks for checking back and letting us know.
    I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)
    -Quicken Anja