Home Before you Buy

Is there a product compatible with Quicken H&B 2000 backup that I can use?

I cannot find the disc for my ancient Quicken H&B 2000 and both the laptops I have it on crashed at the same time. I am panicked as I pay my bills with Quicken and do not even know what’s due. I have the info backed up. I need either another disc or to know if there is a product that this back up info will dL onto. ASAP please.

Best Answer

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭
    Be forewarned, that the QW2013 Deluxe can not do any of the business features of your 2000 H&B and that if you do find your 2000 H&B disks and re-install it, you will not be able to open the file that has been opened by QW2013 and you will need to revert to your 2000 H&B backup.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26
    "I am panicked as I pay my bills with Quicken and do not even know what’s due."

Given that this such an old unsupported version of Quicken, I take it that you don't actually pay bills in Quicken, Quicken just helps you keep up with your bills.  In fact most likely you are manually entering those transactions, give that downloading of transactions wouldn't be available with the possible exception of importing transactions in QIF format.

Are we missing something here?
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • No, that is correct. But I have a system that I cannot access, and therefore cannot pay bills because I have no idea what’s due.
  • So Quicken Del 13 will accept the backup information that I have from my old program but does not do the business side, which is fine. If I use it, though, the back up for 13 would not dL to 2000 if I find the disc. Correct?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭
    So Quicken Del 13 will accept the backup information that I have from my old program but does not do the business side, which is fine. If I use it, though, the back up for 13 would not dL to 2000 if I find the disc. Correct?
    Yes, but see this article, you will also need QW2004:
    Using an Intermediate Version To Convert Older Versions of Quicken 

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.